Chapter 8 ~ Clouds I

~" Stand down
Drop these weapons now
We're walking in this lie
Walking in this lie"~
- Elias - Clouds -

(Even more of a time jump in this chapter. I'm now writing 3x09, and let's just say it wasn't pretty to watch for me 😂, also there is some 'colourful' language in this chapter.)

I had been a mess these past few days. I found out that Lexa had been killed and I went crazy, it was like the ark all over again. Now I'm sat rotting in a prison cell in Arkadia with a few grounders, Kane, Lincoln and Sinclair.

Flashback to how Cam got in prison

Arkadia was pretty quiet, not a lot was going on for a change. But I liked it, I liked the peace and quiet, I liked the time to think. I could've wondered around like that for ages, if I didn't spot Octavia by the back fence.

"What are you doing here? You could get caught!" I whisper shout at her.

"I'm surprised that you haven't yet Cam." She says with a small laugh

"Really though O, why are you here?" I question her

"Indra wanted me to tell you something. And it's not good." She says, her face dropping like a ton of bricks.

All of a sudden, my entire body tensed up, afraid of what O was about to tell me.

"Lexas dead. They're having a conclave for the new commander." She says with no emotion, but sadness and fear prominent in her eyes.

"Shit! I should be there! I should be there for Trikru but I'm not! I'm stuck in this shit hole with a f*cking dick head for a chancellor!" I scream, probably making the guards aware that I'm here, but I didn't care. My Heda was dead. I should be fighting in the conclave to become Heda for Lexa, but that couldn't happen because I was stuck here.

"Cam calm down! I don't want them to notice me." Octavia says, worried.

"Then leave O, because I am no calming down. Pike can arrest me for all I care!" I hiss at her.

"See you soon Cammie." She says with a huff before she leaves.

"Maybe..." I deadpan.

Once O had left, I ran back into the square with anger clearly visible on my face. A few guards surrounded me and told me to calm down. But then, one ballsy ass guard walked up to me and tried to restrain me. Instead of complying, I flipped him over my shoulder and started throwing punches and kicks at the other guards. That was until Pike walked over.