Chapter 3: Oikawa Tooru

Oikawa's P.O.V

It happened so fast, but I could have sworn he was looking at me and the next thing i knew the ball went right pass me. The sound of the volleyball hitting the floor echoes in the gymnasium and the whistle was blown.

We lost. I can't believe it.

Tobio-chan and shrimpy sure are interesting. I smirked

"GAH!" a volleyball suddenly flew into my face. "Iwa-chan you meanie !" I cried out.

"What are you smiling for?! we lost!" He scolded me.

"But I-" I was cut off when i heard Hinata shout "Aira-chan". Iwa-chan and I looked at each other for a few seconds, shocked.

I turned around and there she was, In white blouse, red ribbon, cream sweater, and a grey skirt. Her hair is shorter, around the shoulder and it's lightly curled. She looks so cute. But why is that guy with grey hair holding her hands like that? Is he her boyfriend? One of their teammates, the bald one, asked about it and they immediately broke away so i guess not?

I couldn't stop staring in disbelief. I knew she went to Karasuno but i did not expect her to continue being a manager for a volleyball team let alone see her today. Though, seeing her sure makes me happy.

"Oi, let's go for line up," Iwa-chan nudged me.

We all stood in one line and somehow she ended up in front of me. She was right in front of me, within arms reach, I could just grab her and hold her. She was looking down, avoiding my gaze. She look stiff. Is she shy? How cute...

"Aira-chan, It's not nice to not look at the person when you greet them you know~" I teased her. She slowly looked up, our eyes met and she gave a light smile, that's somehow feels sad and angry at the same time or perhaps it was just my imagination. We greeted one another and she walked away along with the rest of the Karasuno team.

That smile.. It looked the same as that day. arghh I can't stop thinking about it.

"Oi,"Iwa-chan calling for my attention. "What are you gonna do?" He continued as he looked towards Aira-chan.

"W-What do you mean? Obviously nothing.." I tried to play it cool.

"Sure.." He replied sarcastically. "Assikawa," he finished as he walk away.

I looked over at the Karasuno side, Aira was talking to them, smiling. She was trying to give them high five but she's too short. My fist automatically clenched when I saw the same grey hair guy pat Aira's head and play with her hair , both of them laughing. I don't understand, why .. why do i feel so frustrated, why do i feel so mad? don't do that.. don't be so close to her...don't touch her. ughh...why? why am i feeling this way?

Next thing i know, Tobio-chan and shrimpy were chasing Aira, while the rest of their teammates were laughing. She's fast, way ahead of them but something was wrong.

She's gonna lose her footing and fall, I immediately rushed towards her, she fell forward and luckily I managed to catch her, her head landing on my chest and my arms around her. This sure feels familiar, her body against mine. i missed it.

"uH-- s-sorry," Her eyes met mine as she looked up. I could tell she was mesmerized and I smirked. She immediately pull away and take a few steps back.

"Aira-chan, you need to be more careful or you'll get hurt~~" I said trying to reach for her head but she instantly slapped it away.

"I already got hurt because of you, I don't think there's anything else worse than that," She walked away and i just stood there, speechless.

I just watch as she walk away. I look at my hand that she just slapped away and clenched it. she's right.. what am i doing.. of course she must have been hurt, after all I've done to her. ughh.. what am i doing. I slapped my hand on my forehead in frustration as I watch them pack up and ready to leave.

"Idiot! just go!" Iwa-chan threw another volleyball into my face.

-

I saw her made her way to the direction of the locker rooms and toilet. Without thinking, I ran after her. I grabbed her and brought her to the locker room. It was lucky that it was empty, I didn't give this much thought.

"What the fu-" I cut her off with a tight hug. My arms around her waist and my head against her shoulder. She was facing the other direction.

"Too-ru..." She whispered as she lowered her head. She didn't have to turn around to know it was me. "W-Wh-y..." Her voice cracked. I could feel her heart racing.

"Aira-chan... I-I miss you.." I softly whispered into her ears. She tried to pull away but my grip around her waist was strong so she just ended up turning around. Now her face is just few inches away from mine. I could feel her heavy breathing. Her head still facing downwards.

"Stop.." She murmured. She slowly looked up, her eyes are watering.

"Stop doing this to me..please," She gripped my jersey, tears slowly trickling down her face.

" Stop making me fall for you over and over again. I'm so sick and tired of thinking about you, I've had enough pain.." She started banging her fist against my chest trying to pull away. But i pulled her closer and hug her tighter.Her head buried against my chest and her arms around me, gripping on jersey.

"so please, stop playing with me.. I'm trying so hard to forget you but then you do this its making it even harder.. i just.. - just want to be able to move on, because it hurts so much." She was sobbing. I couldn't say anything. I didn't know to do. I just wanna hold her for the rest of my life.

"Maybe..M-maybe to you everything was a joke...That relationship was nothing but a game to you.." She pulled away from me. "B-ut for me.." She was still sobbing but trying to wipe away her tears. "for me.. I really loved you, I really did and I still do..So I just want it to stop, so please stop. Let me go..." She looked up and looked me in the eye, tears still falling. The sight of her is like a dagger through my heart. To see her in so much pain. How could i do this to someone so precious. I don't know what to do, I just want to explain, I want to tell her. I just want to apologise . But its too late, I'm 2 years late. I was too scared , I was scared to see her in pain so I didn't see her, I was stupid, I was a coward. I was weak.

What am i doing? I'm just hurting her even more. This is not what i want

"But.." I slowly lean on the wall and fall to the ground and just sat there.

"but.. what can i do when I just can't... bare to let you go?" I said as i run my finger through my hair in frustration. She looked at me with those hazel eyes of hers, making me more drawn to her. I want her...

"I'm Sor-" The door fling opened and It was Kageyama and that grey-haired guy.

"That's enough" He said. Kageyama grabbed Aira and left the room.

I couldn't remove the picture of her face crying.

"I really loved you, "

"I still do"

"so please stop. Let me go."

I can't stop hearing it. What have I done. It hurts.

 It hurts