Meeting The Parents

Adam:

"Why so nervous?"

"I'm not nervous."

"Really?"

"Okay, maybe just a little," you sigh, twisting the hem of your shirt within your fingers. "I just want my parents to love you."

Adam smiles. "Everyone loves me." But Adam loses his smile a little. "Well, I hope that they do like me."

"I'm sure they will," you assure, not only to him, but yourself too. Everything will be fine, you think to yourself.

And everything did turn out fine, perfect even. Your parents loved Adam immediately, and yes your parents may have interrogated him a little, but they were happy that you were with "such a wonderful man." And you couldn't have been more happy.

Bree:

"I don't think I can do this." Bree frantically waves the magazine in her face to calm herself down. She takes a breath. "What if she doesn't like me? Mothers can be scary."

"That may be true," you agree, stopping her from pacing. You grasp her arms to stop her from waving the magazine in her face. "My mother can be scary, but I promise everything will be fine. She'll love you."

"How are you so sure?"

You can't help but smile. "Because I do, which means she will too."

When the Hydra-loop door opens, Bree quickly tosses the magazine into the hall just as your mother steps out.

"Hi, I'm Bree." Bree leans in to shake her hand.

Your mother is a little wary when she introduces herself, but soon enough she and Bree are hitting it off as you three tour the academy. You don't get to say much as they bond with one another, but that's okay because knowing that they're getting along makes you relieved.

Chase:

"You nervous?"

Chase shakes his wrists before wiping them down the side of his jeans. "What do you think? I'm about to meet your moms."

You smile a little. "I wouldn't worry. If they don't like you, they'll make it pretty clear."

"That's reassuring."

That makes you laugh, and Chase sends you a glare as he flattens the non-existent wrinkles on his plaid shirt.

"You'll be great." You give him a quick kiss, which lifts his frown into a small smile.

"I sure hope so."

When your moms arrive and the introductions began, your mama gives you and Chase an approving nod. It takes your mom however a little longer, but once she gets to know Chase, she lets her approval be known by saying: "He's a keeper, don't let him go."

And knowing that your moms accept him sends your heart leaping with joy.

Leo:

"Leo, you don't have to try so hard."

"I need to make sure that your dad approves of me. A father's approval is important, you know."

"It is," you agree, snatching his cologne out of his hand. "But if you drown yourself in cologne, my father will for sure not be impressed."

Leo suddenly panics. "Oh, I need to change quick before-"

The Hydra-loop door slides open, and you smile when your father steps out. "Dad!"

Leo fumbles a little when he introduces himself, and it's only a little awkward before you take control of the conversation and take your dad on a tour around the academy.

It only takes a little while before your dad and Leo start talking. Leo's tense at first, and your father is a little wary, but soon enough everything falls into ease. And you only hope that your father approves of him.

It takes awhile to get any reaction from your father to see if he approves, but once he pulls you aside and tells you his approval, you can't help but hug him. It was extremely important to get your father and Leo to get along, and knowing that they've done so has you on cloud nine.