7. Draconigena

"Is that a cliff up ahead?!" I screeched as the floral dragon, now identified as 'Flora', glided swiftly towards the edge of the level ground

She grinned and answered while speeding up. "Yup."

I screamed as Flora changed her position as we both plunged towards the ground head first. I clung onto her soft fur, closing my eyes.

Her wings curled up against her body and a loud BOOM! echoed across the valley. I opened my eye enough to see a portal right in our path. I didn't even have enough time to register what the colours were when Flora dove into it.

The scenery immediately changed. Now there were thousands of little islands and some bigger ones scattered across the vast fantasy world. There was one huge island in the middle of all of them, which held a castle.

Dragons circled everywhere I looked, all with different sizes and colours. 

The sky was a light blue with white clouds and every island was different. No two spaces were the same.

"Welcome to Draconigena, Hime!" Flora said, stretching her wings out and guiding us towards the huge island with the pure white castle.

The word felt familiar to me. It bounced around in my head until it finally made sense.

Flora seemed to be waiting for me to get the word when I said what it was.

"Doesn't 'draconigena' mean 'Dragonborn' in Latin?" I asked as we neared the castle.

"Mmmhmm!" The dragon hummed. A few minutes of comfortable silence later we hovered over the gateway to the castle.

Flora flew over the gate and landed on the soft grass. I climbed off of her back just as she started morphing.

"Flora?" I questioned, tilting my head as she shrank into something I couldn't see quite yet.

As she finished transforming, I finally saw that she changed into her human form. I gasped in awe at the young girl who looked no older than 18.

She had long blonde hair and a flower crown on her head made out of trilliums. Her turquoise dress flowed in the wind and her eyes were a perfect shade of chocolate brown, with specs of gold.

"Hello, Hime!" She exclaimed with a melodic voice, smiling brightly.

"This is your new home! Here, you will commence your training in multiple slayer magic, as well as simple script and mind reading magic!

"You will learn all of the magic contained here on earth, and maybe make some own if your willing! You will also learn portal use and universe-shift, which means that you can control how fate works and travel to other universes that are either real or fake!" Flora explained happily, gesturing wildly.

I stared at her blankly, trying to comprehend what she just said. When I shook out of my delirium, and I got to my senses.

Rapid-fire questions followed, all coming from me. Each had its own answer, and I stored it all in my brain, shoving it into a box labelled 'For later' and pushing it away.

I took a pause before I asked the next question, afraid of the answer I would get.

"Why am I learning all of this?"

Hello, my lovelies! I am so sorry for the lack of updates and how short this chapter is. I do hope you enjoy it even though!

The Question of The Day:

What should my update schedule be?

With much love and sincerity,

Drarry_Or_Drapple