31: The Heartbreak Hotel

*

     TAYA's POV:

I had the weirdest dream last night. And it went something like this:

Once upon a time, there lived a princess trapped in a tower guarded by a mighty dragon. Prince Charming came along and he vowed to fight the beast in order to free the princess. But as Prince Charming was busy waging war against the mighty dragon, a sneaky jokester came and slipped through the shadows of the tower, until he found his way to the princess' room. The jokester and the princess met and they fell in love. By the time Prince Charming had won over the dragon, he went up to her room, only to realize that he was far too late. The princess' heart had belonged to the jokester...

"Yo sis, your boyfriend's here!" Kai's sudden yell woke me up into reality.

"Mmyeah, tell him I'll be right down," I mumbled against my pillow, my face still flushed into it.

"I'd use a comb if I were you," Kai snickered, and I rolled my eyes in response. Whipping my head around, I found him leaning against my bedroom door with his arms crossed.

"Shut up," I groaned as I threw a pillow over at his direction and he dodged it easily.

He stuck his tongue out mockingly and proceeded to walking away. But, a few seconds later he turned back around and said, "Hey sis,"

"What?"

"You guys are good right? I know he's Blake Harrison and all, but if he messes with you, you tell me and I'll..."

"I'm good Kai. Thanks,"

"Yeah, I'm just saying"

"I got it. Thanks,"

He gave me a small smile and I just had to smile back. Kai could be a real pain in the ass, but at this moment, he was just too precious.

Don't worry about me, little brother. I can take care of myself. I'm no princess and I need no protection.

*

Blake didn't tell me he was coming over this morning, so I wasn't prepared at all. I took the quickest shower I possibly could and pulled my hair up in a messy bun. After donning some light make up and a cropped shirt, I made my way downstairs to see Blake having coffee with my mom on the kitchen counter.

"Hi," I coughed awkwardly as I entered the kitchen.

"Hey, good morning," he beamed as soon as he saw me.

"I didn't know you were coming over so early today,"

"Well yeah, I just wanna see how you're doing," he paused for a beat before saying, "how do you feel?"

And by that I think he meant about yesterday. He wanted to know if I feel alright after... well, that. It was weird actually. I almost forgot that I had lost my virginity just yesterday. I had always imagined it to be something so big and grand, when in fact I just felt.... nothing.

"Meh," I shrugged, "I feel like I could use some food though. Zippy's?"

It was a hint, meaning let's talk outside. I'd rather not talk about this in my kitchen where my mom would be listening.

"Alright then," Blake nodded. He probably got the idea.

"See you later, mom," I whipped my head over to my mom and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Thank you for coffee Mrs. Williams," Blake said politely before he followed me out of the kitchen.

"No problem. Have fun you two,"