Chapter Seventeen

Although the end will seem like the full end- this is not the last chapter! :D <3 xx

--

Harry's POV

Chapter Seventeen

My life had been an emotional rollercoaster these past few months. Everytime I thought of that first accidental kiss, my skin prickled with goosebumps, everytime the memory of the hurt that had throbbed in my chest as I read the news article that had appeared some minutes after Eleanor's tweet caused my stomach to turn. 

But I believe it was all worth it, even near death- all for where we were now, standing backstage to Ellen's show, hearing the burbling laughter out on stage. It was all worth it. I pushed my mop of curls out of my face, feeling my knees nearly knocking together, the tears stinging my eyes as I looked over Louis- and how perfect did he look? So perfect.

He was wearing a navy button up with those white suspenders, those cream chinos that hugged his thighs. He grinned up at me, and I squeezed his hand just a bit harder, pulling him close up against me, my heart hammering in my chest. I leered down, smiling against his lips as they gently connected, his feet on the points of my shoes as he stood on his tippy toes to actually meet my mouth. He wrapped his arms around my neck, and the emotions clogged up my throat. We broke away after a sweet, and perfect few moments. 

Ellen had contacted Modest! first, declaring she would love to have us out again- even though we had just been on not even two months ago. But it was only Louis and I. I could still feel the nerves in the pit of my stomach quivering, and a nervous and panicked nausea rolled through me. But a reasuring, perfect smile from Louis made that go away.

He reached up, straightening my bow-tie, before pausing, something washing across his face, before his smile wavered and he leaned back up, pressing a firm kiss on my lips. I wondered what had caused that, but didn't question it, because he went on to straighten my blazer, looking over my shoulder at one of the men rushing about with a headset on that was waving for us- it was time.

"Are you ready?" Louis breathed out at a whisper, and I slowly nodded, feeling the smile on my lips widening as I realized how madly in love I was with this boy. The boy that I had made eye-contact with at The Fray concert all those years ago, our eyes lingering before turning away hesitantely, the boy I met in the loo some minutes before being put in the same group with him. The boy I had scooped up in my arms after two minutes of knowing him and carrying him across the stage. The boy that was my very first crush- and the boy I was most surely in love with.

"I've never been more ready in my life." I croaked out, my eyes tinging with tears that I had to make an effort to push down as he grinned up at me. I let out a long breath as he nodded, turning on my heel, gently being pulled back by my hand.

"Hey Haz." He said quietly. My brows knitted together and I let out a hoarse chuckle, gazing down at him inquiringly. 

"Yes, boo?" 

"I love you." He said, and my heart leaped into my throat. I reached up, brushing my thumb over his cheek, leering down to kiss him again.

"I love you more than anything, Lou. Now let's go let the world know, yes?" I breathed out against his ear, surely sending chills up his spine as I squeezed his hand a bit harder, and we turned out, letting go of one another hesitantely as we wound down the stairs to the stage as Call Me Maybe was thumping over the speakers. We wriggled- our dancing- out onto the stage, enveloped in loud bellows of screaming. Ellen waved to us, a gigantic smile on her face, watching as I wiggled my shoulders, half-ass trying to moon walk over to the red seats. I watched nearly distractedly as Louis did his famous hip-thrust, which leeched ear breaking screams from everyone in the crowd, and a sloppy grin pulled on my lips, before a mangled laugh broke out. I turned on my heel less than gracefully, facing Ellen as she pulled me into a massive hug, then Louis.