Article: Number 1

Ariana Grande debuts at No 1 on ARIA

THE second album for US singer Ariana Grande, My Everything, leaps into the ARIA Albums Chart at No 1 this week.

IT'S her second Top 10 album and first No 1 in Australia.

She previously made it to No 6 with her debut set Yours Truly in September last year.

My Everything is the 12th chart-topping album for the Universal label and the third this year after Avicii and INXS both topped the charts in February.

It's the seventh No 1 album by an American artist this year.

After two weeks at the top, The Hilltop Hoods slip back to No 2 with Walking Under Stars.

British duo Royal Blood debut at No 3 with their self-titled album, and the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol 1 drops back two places to No 4.

Entering at No 5 is the debut album Evergreen by New Zealand duo Broods. And one place lower is another debut album, by local act Kingswood, Microscopic Wars at No 6.

Sam Smith is down a place to No 7 with In The Lonely Hour.

Dropping five places each are the self-titled third album for Angus and Julia Stone and x by Ed Sheeran, to No 8 and No 9 respectively.

The fifth and final Top 10 entry comes in at No 10, Family Life for local country singer Adam Harvey.