five

"Just letting you know I don't usually let strangers in my house." Andie looked at Michael as he rolled her eyes. "You can sit there while I get some coke," she motioned towards the couch.

Michael put down the pizza and sat taking in the scenery. He doesn't know why he wanted to talk to this obviously emotional, lonely girl. It wasn't for her exact looks because she kind of looked like a wreck and her personality wasn't exactly shining through either. He just felt like he should be talking to her. The house was all painted a beige yellow kind of color with floral furniture. Michael looked to his right seeing a lamp table with a picture on it.

He took held the frame in his hand and he saw a beautiful thing. The girl, she was smiling. With her perfect teeth showing. She looked a couple years younger then she did present. Also her her eyes didn't look as tired and her cheeks weren't swollen from crying. Thinking about it Michael did think she was cute, but her smile brought out all the beauty in her.

She walked back in holding a two liter of coke and two glass cups.

"You didn't bring plates?" he asked.

"I don't eat pizza with plates and I wasn't planning on changing that for someone who wanted to come in, without me offering." she adds emphasis to the last part. He let's put a sigh and opens up the pizza box and hands her a piece.

She turns on the tv and leaves it at a shitty game show. Michael wonders why a young girl would leave on a game show from the nineties but he remains quiet as best he can.

"So why aren't your parents here?" Michael asked trying to break the silence.

"Business." she replied completely uninterested to keep the conversation going. She munched on her pizza as if no one was there because that's what she wanted, mostly.

"Do you like music?" He asked in attempt to keep the dialogue alive.

"I guess, not really."

"What do you listen to?"

"I don't know... I like The Smiths." he laughed. Andie looked at him with confusion.

"That would fit you and your self hate persona. I just thing it works." He teased.

"Well what do you like?" she asked.

"Blink-182, The Killers, shit that doesn't make me want to off myself."

"That would fit your cool punk persona." she mocked Michael.

"It does, doesn't it?" Michael laughed.

There was a long pause. "What if you do? What if you do want to 'off' yourself?" Andie asked.

Michael got serious. He had no idea what he should say. He could've responded with an answer talking about himself and how he would never. He could've asked if she did, then make a point she should never. Or he could've responded with something completely unrelated and pretend he doesn't know what she was talking about. But he said nothing.

She just stared at him, getting emotional after trying to hold back from her new somewhat-friend. A tear finally fell from her brown eyes, which soon turned into full on sobbing into Michael's shirt. It made Michael nervous for someone to be sensitive around him but after a moment he put his arm around her pulling her closer. He wondered if that's the reason her cheeks were so swollen, she cries this much.

He didn't want to say anything so he just sat there watching a shit tv show. He looked over once he heard the sobbing die down. Michael saw her sleeping, she looked so peaceful, he didn't want to move. He continued watching the show and right before he fell asleep, he decided his mission would be to make this girl smile for as long as he could.