Acceptance Chapter 10

Ah, this is short

Chapter 10

Stee lead Lydri behind her mother where they stopped in front of a potted plant. Lydri gasped and his face paled. Again Stee did not understand. She looked closer and noticed that the leaves were exactly the same as on the plant they had found in the mountains. The plant had a single flower with five silvery coloured petals.

“Whose?” asked Lydri, in an even hoarser voice. There was only one person that he knew who was as equally balanced as the petals showed, and her name said it all.

“It’s your girl’s.” Pressurn berated herself, she hadn’t meant to put it that way, but what’s done is done. No one made any comment, although both picked up on it.

A silence passed, and Lydri seemed to forget about the presence of his queen, “I already knew that you are perfect, I did not need the flower to know that,” he said as he enveloped her in a hug.

Stee felt his rock hard core and felt a wish to see him train, wielder style. She knew his muscles were nut bulging like some of the men she had seen training, but those were too over the top, and their agility would suffer as a result. She also knew that he was more talented in magic than any of them due to his title. All too soon he pulled apart. As he did so he saw the queen, but the smile on her face caused him to not regret his actions with her daughter.

“Have hope. The royal family never stopped planting star blossoms, and in ice you have found, that leaves fire and water. Rest here a while and learn of your other inheritance Steenilana. Lydri, show who you are as you always do, when you restore Av-Mira, no one can complain. You are both very powerful and will be great leaders whatever you choose. Steenilana, look around the base of the trees before you leave, that is your past, and Lydri, this evidence is only due to your ancestors. Have hope and you will succeed.” She turned around and left the garden.

Lydri took Stee’s hand and walked her to the edge of the fern forest close to the building. As they followed the edge around there were plants, each with flowers, like Stee’s tree in the centre.

“They are your ancestors, it show’s their qualities, you remember what I told you about them right?”

The way he talked sounded so loving. He enveloped her in another hug and she melted into him, again noticing his toned body, but this time feeling the heat coming off him and the comfort of his arms around her. She didn’t know what to expect the next fortnight or so, where they would go after, how long it would take to fulfil the prophecy, nor when the war would begin. She could not tell what the future held, but here in this sacred place of her maternal family, in a young man’s arms, she felt perfect.

‘Stee ni lana, ellala ni cond’ from the last stanza of the prophecy floated through her mind, herself, Misha, and of course Lydri; her ‘ellala,’ her lover. Why hadn’t she picked up on it before?