The Ciphers of Attraction

Bill floats over to me and gets in my face, much to my dismay.

"The destruction of Gravity Falls. That's what's begun. It's my job to make sure it doesn't. Where would I be if all the magical creatures were gone? Nowhere. There would be nobody to trick, no one to make deals with. That's my life, darling." His words are sickeningly sweet, and I roll my eyes at the fact.

"So where do I come in?"

"Well Shooting Star, I need you to make me seem innocent. If the government discovers a flying triangle, they'll destroy this place for sure. But if I inhabit your body, then they won't suspect a thing. I tell you, the government has been watching this town for years. Its about time they wipe us off the map," Bill explains.

"Why don't you just use your magic to turn into a human?" I implore.

"Because sweetheart, my powers can only do so much. I only have one human form I can turn into without possessing someone else. And that's this," He says while twisting his bow tie around to change forms. Bill slowly morphs into a tall, golden haired guy with amber eyes. He's surprisingly handsome, and wears a yellow vest over a black shirt and bowtie. There is an eyepatch over his left eye. Bill catches me staring in awe and gives a little smirk.

"Like what you see? Well, maybe I should take on this form all the time! Then you'll be more cooperative..." He chuckles. He looks just like my dream guy! I shake my head. I can't fall for his tricks. This is just the beginning of him using me.

"Why do you have to possess me? You look like a regular person!"

"Puh-lease. If this is your version of regular, you're just as crazy as me. Take a look at my feet." I look down at the ground where his feet should be, and sure enough, he is floating.

"I can't walk on human ground unless I possess a human body." He explains. I stare into his eye with slight sympathy. I start to make sense of his actions, and realize that he makes deals just to give him the satisfaction of being a real human.

"There are a lot of things I can't do, Mabel. I can't eat or drink, I can't use objects made by humans, I can't walk on the ground, and I can't be loved. Its just a simple fact."

"But there's lots of things you can do. You can read minds, you know everything, you can... possess people, and enter dreamscapes! You really creep me out Bill..." I shudder at the thought of him possessing me. He ignores my remark, and goes on.

"For every power I have, a burden comes with it. It isn't easy being a demon, Shooting Star. Which is why I have to possess you. Get it? Alright, that's all I have to say for now. I'll be back...and remember, I'll be watching you!" Bill exclaims as he disappears into the night sky, maniacally laughing.

He leaves me in awe, and suddenly I have this weird, sudden urge to see him again.