Chapter 73

Sofia's POV.

"Come on Sofia, why you so afraid." Carlene asked me and I finally gave up.

"Fine. I'll play the game." I told her and she nod smiling.

"Truth or die." Carlene said and I quickly sat in front of her. I'm so happy Elijah is sleeping.

"Isn't it dare?" I asked and she rolled eyes. "I choose Truth."

"Do you love Elijah?"'she asked and I nod my head, of course I love my baby boy.

"Truth or dare?" I asked and she smiled.

"Truth." She was so excited about the stupid game. I can't wait for Benjamin to come home.

"Who is Benjamin really to you?" I asked.

"He is my husband." She replied. "Truth or dare." I knew somehow she wanted me to choose dare but there is no way I'll ever choose dare.

"Truth."

"Were you a stripper?" She asked and I got up. "No Sofia, you have to answer." She told me getting up and Benjamin came in.

"I'm I interrupting something?" Benjamin asked and Carlene looked at me.

"I'm--umm I'm going to go sleep. Goodnight." I quickly ran upstairs in a hurry.

There has to be something I wrote about Carlene in my diary. I kept paging through my diary book looking for something I wrote about Carlene. I don't know why I have a feeling that she's not a good person. She acts too innocent and nice to me.

After I almost gave up I saw Benjamin's name and I quickly started reading the paragraph it it was funny how the paragraph was about Benjamin and his wife.

"I can't believe he married after me. I always blamed myself for not being a good wife to him and yet as soon as I left he remarried. I hated myself for never telling him about Elijah, our baby boy but now at least I know I should've never hated myself because Elijah is better off without a father. I know if Benjamin finds out about Elijah he will definitely take him and raise him with his new wife. But there's no way I will ever let that happen, I will never let my baby boy go through what I did as a kid. I will end all this today and there's no way I'll ever tell Benjamin about Elijah." As soon as I finished reading the paragraph, tears were rolling down my cheeks. I can't believe he lied to me, why did I even fall in love with him again after everything.

*   *  *   *   *   *   *

"Where's Benjamin?" I asked Carlene who was getting ready to swim.

"He left like an hour ago and took Elijah with. So why did you wake up late?" She asked.

"I slept late last night." I replied.

"I heard you crying, is everything okay with you?" She asked and I faked a smile nodding my head. "You know you can tell me anything you want. I'm not the type to gossip trust me."

"So you really are married to Benjamin." I said and she nod smiling.

"I know you don't believe me Sofia and you don't have to because you don't know me."