Episode 62: Shattered Bonds

I looked back at Tetsuya

I looked back at Tetsuya. I... I couldn't leave him in this state. What if he became like Yuko when she couldn't control the darkness? But... would I even be capable of reaching out to him? Rosa might be better able to, or perhaps Yuko.

"What's going on?" I heard someone call out. It was Yuko herself. She rushed over toward us.

"We captured the enemy," Kohri said with a nervous grin. He turned back to look at my cousin, the one I cared for, not the jerk I wanted to kill. "But Tetsu... Roa here said some un-choice words."

"I wouldn't say that. Quite the opposite, they were very choice words," I said, glaring at Roa.

Roa shrugged. "Guilty as charged. Though, it's what you get for getting in my way of rescuing Etsuo." He narrowed his eyes. "Now, where is he?"

"Roa, we aren't in a position to make demands here," Man-kin whispered as he shifted his eyes between Kohri and Naoru.

Yuko walked up to Roa and slapped him. "You hurt master, didn't you? Yuko won't let such actions go unpunished."

Roa rubbed his face. "What happened to you? Last I saw you, you were a cute little girl without emotions."

She narrowed her brown eyes at him.

"Slap him some more," I muttered as I turned away.

Roa sneered. "To think that Etsuo said you were nice."

I nodded. "Oh, I can be, if you're someone who is nice in return. But if you hurt those I care for then not so much."

"So, you care more about Rosalba than Tetsuya?" Roa said, scoffing.

"Rosalba is like a little sister to me. While I haven't known her as much, she is dear to me." I clenched my hands into fists. "Whoever played this cruel trick on them will pay. If it turns out that it was Satoru then I'll go into the depths of that pit and drag him out and give him a worse punishment."

"Is that so? I'll like to see you try," a voice echoed behind me.

I gripped Aventine and spun around, slicing the air. There was no one there...

"What's wrong? Seeing things?" the voice called out.

"You, where is Dan!" I yelled, spinning around yet again. There was no one other than Yuko and the others.

"Are you alright?" Man-kin asked.

I gasped. "You don't hear him?"

Roa raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Satoru of course!"

"You're going crazy, peasant boy," the voice echoed yet again. I felt a tail grip my neck and yank me back. "Just like your mother!"

My eyes widened. "How do you know that?" I yelled, slicing the tail only for it to disintegrate into shadow.

"How indeed... you could say I am omniscient."