14 | the life saver

Start from the beginning

"A negative times a positive equals a negative, stupid."

"We're not in class right now so can you please stop," Hyunjin groans, flicking Seungmin's forehead to which the boy flinches at and glares at the other through the top of his lashes.

"That aside," the blond-haired male slumps his shoulders, "what do I do, what did I do wrong?"

Seungmin picks up his broom again and quickly mounts it. Before he launches himself in the air, Seungmin looks over his shoulder and says, "chill out, Jinnie, you were late this morning. Nothing too serious."

And moments like this is when Hyunjin questions why he has a friend like Seungmin.

The jittery feeling is almost eating him alive for the rest of the day. Through lunch, he feels like vomiting.

Everyone knows, when Professor Bloome calls someone after classes, you are in very deep trouble. Take Felix Lee and Han Jisung as an example back in Second Year. One fine day, the two thought it was a nice time to set off fireworks during his class so that a quiz scheduled for that day would be cancelled. Thanks to them, the whole class took their quiz in an ash-filled, burnt classroom and the two ended up doing Forbidden Forest rounds with Hagrid.

"I don't want to go to the forest..." he groans, letting his head fall on his arms as the last class of the day finishes.

It's a good thing the potions classroom is far from Defence Against the Dark Arts. Maybe he could put up so much time that by the time he gets there, it's dinner time already.

"'There was a traffic jam in the corridor'," Hyunjin recites in his head, walking in tiny tiny steps and bumping to a few people here and there.

"Traffic jam in the coRRIDOR!" Hyunjin trips over his shoelace, reaching for the first thing he could grab a hold of.

"Woah, careful!" the voice tells him, stabilising the boy to keep him from falling.

Hyunjin sighs in relief. "Thanks, Chris."

"Are you okay though?" the Gryffindor asks when he notices Hyunjin's clouded expression. "You seem to be zoning out."

"No," Hyunjin forces a grin, "Bloome wanted me to meet him after classes end."

Chris' face drains in colour. "Wow, mate," he says in shock, "that's ..."

"I know."

"I wish I could help," Chris tells him, his voice coated with sympathy, "but I really can't. I have to study for N.E.W.Ts, Younghoon is waiting for me."

"Thanks anyway," Hyunjin offers Chris a small smile before taking off again.

"Hyunjin, wait!"

The blonde-haired boy stops in his tracks and turns back to look at Chris.

"If you wanted to put off some time," Chris starts, "Kwon Yujin told me she wanted to discuss something with you if you're not busy, by the looks of it you really need some form of excuse."

"Yes!" Hyunjin jumps up and down in excitement, "thank you, Chris, you lifesaver! Where is she?"

Chris laughs, showing the dimples he's famous for. "It's nothing, mate," he says, "she's in the courtyard."

Hyunjin's eyes light up. "The courtyard?"

"Yes."

"Yes! That's the opposite direction to Bloome's class, right?"

"The last time I checked, yes."

Hyunjin lets out a small giggle, jumping lightly on his spot. "Wow, for once I'm glad she exists!" he then pats Chris hard on the back, "thanks man, I owe you."

The Slytherin boy happily skips in the opposite direction to where he was going, heart fluttering at the thought of not going to see Professor Bloome today.

When he sees Yujin sitting cross-legged underneath a tree with books and parchment scattered around her, Hyunjin is for once grinning at the sight of the Seventh Year. He runs towards her, his feet doing a little skip along the way and engulfs her in a hug.

"Thank you!" he cries, "thank you thank you thank you!"

Yujin peels him off herself, a confused look on her face. "What are you being thankful for?"

"I was called to Professor Bloome's office class and I'm so glad you wanted to see me or else I would end up in so much trouble!"

Yujin's face drains in colour, but it's gone as fast as it came and she wears a smile (a very rare case for her and at that moment, Hyunjin finds his heart skip a bit but don't tell anyone that). "Well, I guess we have to take our time, then, yeah?"

"Oh yes, definitely," Hyunjin sits himself down in front of her and takes in a deep breath, "wow I'm tired."

Yujin bites the inside of her cheek, pretending not to be fazed. "Rest then."

+

happy birthday angel baby hyunjin! uwu please dont grow up too fast:( dont go flashing your abs any time soon. please stay a crackhead though, love you stupid♡

anyways, hI! SHE'S BACK CAN A GEY A HOOOOOYYYAAAHHHHHHH? (Yea na i bet 90% of you wont give me a hoyah:) im fine tho haha)

finding skz is dropping today sksjsks there's so much content i'm gonna combUST