Chapter 21 : If Only I Could Turn Back Time

If Only I Could Turn Back Time

It took one long, painfully slow-moving day, in order for them to finally meet. She hadn't see hide nor hair of Draco since that faithful morning and was, secretly, grateful for it. She didn't know if she could withstand the pain in her heart for much longer.

Finally, after much waiting, the letter had returned with the words, 'Meet me at the Three Broomsticks tomorrow, at 3p.m.'

So, once quarter after two had passed, Hermione had bundled herself up in the warmest clothing she had and made her way to their destination. She would have normally enjoyed the day, watching the sunlight play with the snow, the way the younger students were running about, creating snowball fights, snowmen and participating in a vast amount of snow-related activities. But her mind was elsewhere, straying into the castle, into the room where he stayed. She really was a horrible person for everything she'd done...

Lost in her thoughts, she did not even recognize the building until someone called out to her. Turning around, she was met with the always-smiling face of Luna Lovegood.

"Let's have a seat, grab some Butterbeers, and then we'll talk," the blonde said as Hermione opened her mouth.

They did exactly that and, once Hermione had had several sips of her Butterbeer, Luna tucked her hand under her chin and looked over the brunette.

"Tell everything...from the beginning to end."

It was odd; retelling everything to a girl Hermione had only become best friends with during the past two years. She hardly knew Luna's secrets and yet Luna was the holder of some of the most terrifying secrets Hermione ever had. Hell, Hermione hated to admit it, but Luna felt more like a friend than Harry or Ron ever had.

She told her everything, or at least everything that she could, beginning with her situation with Harry. Luna's face never changed, no matter what was said or how it was said. Her face remained a constant cool, emotionless mask from the beginning to end.

When Hermione finally finished, she looked to Luna expectantly, as though praying that the girl had every answer for her problem.

"You know...I saw this Muggle movie the other day," Luna said suddenly, taking a sip of her drink.

'What does that have anything to do with this?' Hermione thought in confusion. She wanted to voice the words, but feared that they might offend the blonde.

"It was a really good movie," Luna continued, "lots of action, these cars that turned into robots, and a really attractive main character. It was a lot of fun to watch; I never knew Muggle movies could be so amazing!" Her eyes lit up at the memory and she grinned broadly. "Well...at the beginning of that movie, this guy said something that, well, explains Harry's actions."

'I never asked about why Harry did what he did?' Hermione thought.

"I know, I know," Luna said with a wave of her hand, "you never asked about Harry, but I know you want to. This is not like him; he's usually been on your side whenever Ron's gone...well, angry-Ron-like. But this is a little different." She took another sip before continuing. "Anyway, so, at the beginning of the movie, the main guy's friend turns to him and says 'Bros before hoes.' That, I think, sums up your relationship, your position in this situation."

"What?" Hermione choked out, clearly at a loss for words. "But...what...what the hell does that saying have to do with this?"

Luna couldn't help but chuckle at Hermione's response, eyes glowing with mischief and knowledge. "Well...it's important for you to understand where Harry's coming from. Anyway, in this situation, there are two possible explanations for why Harry's being the way he is, and that quote explains them. The first one is that Harry and Ron are bros, correct? I assume being 'bros' means that they're best mates, because the two guys in the movie looked like best mates. Anyway, Ron and Harry are best mates, and, in this situation, you could be the hoe. The hoe, at least in the movie, is a woman."