𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. FALSE ACCUSATIONS

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENFALSE ACCUSATIONS

FALSE ACCUSATIONS

§ § §

"Harry... Giovanna.." Hermione's worried voice filled the air as we turned to face her. 

She was staring at the full moon. My eyes shifted to Professor Lupin, who seemed like a rigid silhouette against the light from the moon.

Sirius rushed over to him. "Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?"

Lupin jerkily shook his head. Sirius looked at us urgently. "Run, now, all of you!"

But we didn't. We stayed still, seemingly transfixed on the Professor. Lupin began to transform, his wand falling from his hand. I saw Pettigrew grab it.

"No! Expelliarmus!" I yelled. Lupin's wand came flying to me and I caught it.

The rat man glared at me then grinned, transforming back into Scabbers. I was about to grab him, but was cut off by a loud howl.

Lupin tossed Sirius backwards. He was no longer human, but now a werewolf. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I began backing away slowly.

"Professor Lupin..." Hermione trailed off.

Lupin's long fangs glittered in the light. He growled horrifyingly. We quickly turned around to run and saw Severus Snape standing there. I cringed slightly.

"I will deal with you later." He glares daggers at me. "Now get behind me, all of you!"

We all quickly hide behind the Potions professor as werewolf Lupin prepared to pounce. The werewolf sprinted forward, when all of a sudden, a big black dog intercepted Lupin's attach midair.

Sirius and Lupin hit the ground, tangled in a mess of flailing limbs and flashing teeth. I felt horrible for them both. That Lupin, such a kind person, had to turn into this monster, and that Sirius had no choice but to attack his best friend.

Sirius pushed Lupin back, but the werewolf was too strong. "Sirius!" Harry and I cry as the dog yelped as Lupin threw him to the ground. Harry bolted after Sirius as the dog began to limp away. I bolted after Harry.

As we neared the dog, werewolf Lupin now stood over him, teeth bared.

"No!" I yelled. Harry stupidly picked up and threw a thick branch at the werewolf. It turned and now advanced towards us.

I drew my wand, knowing fully well that I wouldn't be able to stop him anyways. Then another howl sounded from the direction of the forest. It almost sounded... human?

The werewolf hesitated, then, as a second howl rose into the night, Lupin bounded to the forest. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I dropped my arm that was holding up my wand.

The wounded dog that was Sirius limped through the grass, walking away from us. Each step it became more human, until it was fully Sirius again. As he disappeared over the ridge, Harry and I took off after him.