Chapter Sixteen

We Won

"Where's Bill?" Maya lifted her head from Beverly's shoulder and looked around the dimly lit chamber. 

"Georgie?" She whispered, slowly lifting a finger and pointing to where Bill stood, flashlight in hand. The light was shining on Georgie. His arm was missing and the poor boy looked terrified, "Impossible.."

"What took you so long?" He spoke, walking closer to Bill. 

"I-I was looking for you this whole time.." Bill spoke, the hurt in his voice cracking Maya's heart.

"I couldn't find my way out of here.. He said I could have my boat back, Billy.."

Bill's shoulder's began shaking as his breathing quickened ever so slightly, "Was she fast?"

"I couldn't keep up with it.."

"She, Georgie.. You call boats she."

"Take me home, Billy"

"Bill.." Maya spoke, only audible to her and Beverly. She began to step forward, tears welling in her eyes, but Beverly gripped her hand tightly. She glanced over at Richie, then to the others as she squeezed Beverly's hand in hers. "I wanna go home! I miss you! I wanna be with mom and dad!" 

Tears began freely falling down Bill's face, as well as Maya's. She used to help take care of Georgie, she loved him like he was her little brother. 

"I want more than anything for you to be home." Bill croaked, taking short steps forward, "With mom and dad.. I miss you so much.."

"I love you, Billy.."

"I love you, too," He started, before pulling the gun Mike brought up and pointing it at his head, "but you're not Georgie."

Maya gasped as he pulled the trigger, sending his body to the ground. The body began to shake violently as it began to slowly transform into the clown they all desperately wanted nothing to do with. 

Shouts and screams of kill it filled Maya's ears as she tried to push down the fear gripping her soul. 

"It's not loaded!" She heard Mike's realization. 

"Well, fuck." She muttered to herself. Bill pulled the trigger, yet nothing happened. The clown began to scream as the group of friends frantically backed away. It's head snapped to Bill as he backed up. Maya tore her eyes away from the sight, searching her surroundings for a weapon. Rushing to quickly pick up the metal pole she spotted, she yelped when Mike was thrown in front of her. 

"Shit, are you okay?" He nodded and pushed himself up. She picked up the metal pole and turned to the clown. Her friends held a tight grip on it's arms and neck as it spun, trying to free itself. She gasped and rushed to Richie's side when IT threw him off. After making sure he was okay she rushed to help the remaining few when he grabbed her hand and held her firmly at his side.

"Bill!" Maya shouted, trying to free herself from Richie's grip. Pennywise held Bill by his face, the look on his face breaking her heart. 

"Richie," She seethed, "let me go." 

"Let him go!" Beverly spoke up. 

"No! I'll take him! I'll take all of you! And I'll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear!" Pennywise spoke, raising a shaky finger, "Or! You will just leave us be! I will take him! Only him! Then I will have my long rest and you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives! Until old age takes you back to the weeds."

"No!" Maya hissed, trying once again to free herself from Richie's grip, he only tightened it in retaliation, "No!"

"Leave." Bill squeaked, "I'm the one who dragged you all into this..I'm s-s-s-so sorry."