Second Warning

"W-what? What happened now?" Mark asked after the call.

"I-... I don't know, should we go now?"

Mark hesitantly nodded.

Before they arrived at the hospital, Michael changed direction and drove to Mark's house in quite a rush; when they arrived, more police cars surrounded the house.

"Which one of you is Flores?" A police man asked.

Mark stepped forwards, his jaw dropping open due to all the crowd watching them, both police men and neighbours. "I-I am... What happened? Where's my wife?"

"I'm sorry, sir. She was murdered."

Mike widened his eyes and turned to the man, who was speechless and trembling.

"N-no... No, no, no, it's impossible! She can't be-"

"How...did it happen?" Michael intervened.

"Stabbed to death. We also found a small hole in her neck, as if someone used a syringe... yet there were no traces of injection. We're not quite sure why they took some of the victim's blood."

Mike kept quiet, then looked towards the house. He could see the curtains wave on the sides of the house: The windows were open.

"I see... Any idea how they entered the place?"

"No one saw anyone entering the house, so we believe it's from the back door. It was lock picked, and one could walk easily without being noticed in the woods behind the habitation. The neighbour called us after hearing a woman screaming. It happened about an hour ago."

"An... hour ago?" Once again, Michael went silent.

'This is definitely him. But then...who killed Ricardo?There's no way he could have been in the same place at the same time.'

Hearing the desperate cries of his friend, Mike stopped thinking about ir and looked up to him. Mark couldn't help but hug Michael close to his chest and cry into his shoulder. He gasped and looked down to him before slowly hugging back.

"Mark... I'm here for you, please calm down..." He said sweetly while leading him to the car. "Let's go to the hospital."

"Mark, Michael! We're here, we heard about your father and Amanda" Suzanne said while rushing in the hospital with Jeremy and the children.

The two males sat in the hall right outside the room Flores was in.

"Oh lord, I'm so sorry..." She said after hugging Mark tightly, then Jeremy did the same.

"W-where's Jacob?" He asked in tears.

"Daddy! D-Dad, what happened? Why are you crying?" The young boy asked as he ran to his father.

When Mark tried to speak and looked in his eyes, his eyes got even more watery instead and he immediately looked away, covering his face and trying to be as quiet as possible while crying.

"Jacob, he'll tell you later... Look, let's go play together with Jessica and Samuel,shall we?" Mike offered to bring them away, but he was retrained by Mark's grip on his shirt.

"P-please, stay..."

"Hey, don't worry, me and Jeremy will watch over them... You two stay here." Suzanne smiled sadly, then left with her husband and the kids.

Once they were further, the man went back to sob in his hands.

"I know It's paniful, I know..." Mike pulled him closer when the other tightened the grip on his shirt.