Chapter 17

Aurora Collins

Aurora Collins

He slipped his hand in mine and brought it up to his lips. He planted a soft kind on the back of my hand and led me out the door.

My mind was going haywire and I was bursting with joy.

I clear my throat and decide to start conversation upon entering the car.

I strap my seat belt on and he does the same. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He smirks at me. I roll my eyes in irritation but a smile creeps onto my face nonetheless.

He drives in silence and it's not awkward or tense. It's actually quite comforting. Just being near each other, hearing our hearts beat in the silence of the day.

We enjoy the company of each other without having to express words. Thats just...us.

A little bit quiet, a little bit messy, a little bit magical when together.

The sun is starting to set slowly and beautifully. We start driving deeper and deeper near trees and water and the scenery just keeps getting more and more gorgeous.

There's no cars on the trail we're going, Just us, trees, and colorful clouds.

"Are we there yet?" I ask impatiently and bounce my knee.

"Almost, I'll need to blindfold you." He says and reaches into the pull out space thingy in front of my seat.

His hand brushes against my knee while doing so and I sharply breathe in at the contact. I try to seem unaffected and I glance at his face while trying to make the tingles go away.

He's face gives away nothing but his eyes twinkle with what you could only call mischief.

He takes out the blindfold and hands it to me and focuses back on driving.

"Why do I have to be blindfolded?" I grumble and wrap the silk cloth around my eyes nonetheless.

"You'll see." He says shortly and all I see is black. I feel the car coming to a stop and a car door opening. Next my side door opens and Aaron's hand overtakes mine and he guides me out.

My heart feels like it'll beat right out my chest and I shakily step out and straighten my dress with my other hand.

"Take small steps." He says softly and tightens his grip on my hands. He walks in front of me and I follow behind blindly.