ninety

Johanna laughed, the smile on her face never disappearing for even a second as Tom decided to twirl her around as they walked down the pathway of the small park they were currently in, the same one from that New Year's night an entire year ago.

Christmas Eve was here, and so were Tom's nerves. They had spent a ton of time together since the siblings flew in, Tobey being welcomed into the family immediately and without a second thought. There were even moments where Tom though that his brothers were going to replaced him with Tobey. Johanna had never seen such a smile on her brother's face as she did once they had gotten to London. It was Christmas Eve, though, and Tom was nervous to give Johanna the special present that he had sitting in his back pocket.

The beautiful girl to his left was wearing a long sleeve purple dress, with her black coat over top of it. She was gorgeous, something spectacular to look at, and Tom could only feel his nerves grow the more he looked at her.

Johanna allowed Tom to lead her further into the park and off the path slightly. She smiled, realizing they were in the same place they were when they first kissed on New Year's Eve. Tom led her over to a bench, sitting down and pulling her into his side. Johanna laughed, snuggling up to the boy she loved so much and staring out at the beautiful scenery around her.

"Do you remember this park?" Tom questioned, looking down on his girlfriend.

"This was where we were on New Year's last year celebrating," Johanna replied with a smile, looking up at her boyfriend. "The same night that I told you I had found exactly what I had always wanted in you."

"You know, when you said that to me I actually felt relieved," the couple laughed lightly, looking back out at the scenery before him.

Tom looked down on his girlfriend, his nerves growing even more. He slipped his hand into his pocket, toying with the gift for a second before bringing it out.

"How about that present now?"

Johanna pulled back slightly, turning to Tom with a grin. She stopped though, her gaze settling on Tom's outstretched hand and the golden ring that was resting between his fingertips.

Small, simple, and the prettiest gold she had ever seen. There was no diamond, instead a knot. It wasn't tied yet, just barely untied. No matter what it looked like, it made her heart race.

"Tom-"

"It's not an engagement ring, if that's what you're thinking," Tom hurriedly said, trying to keep Johanna calm for a moment as he turned to face her more. She nodded her head silently, not saying anything and allowing Tom to continue. "It's called a knot ring. It symbolized a knot that is not yet tied, but has every intention of being tied. It's a promise ring, my promise to you."

Johanna brought a hand up to her mouth, looking up at Tom as tears began to form in her eyes. He only smiled at the girl in front of him, taking her left hand in his.

"Neither of us are ready for an engagement ring, we're too sucked into Marvel to even think about marriage. And when you told me what happened with Ian, how he proposed and you said no, I knew you also just weren't ready. I want us to enjoy this, to enjoy being together and to enjoy the jobs we've been blessed with. But if you'll take this ring, I want you to have this so that you know when this is all over, when this crazy life of our's slows down, I want it to be you by my side forever. I'm not asking you to marry me tomorrow, or in a year, or even five. I'm giving you this because I'm promising you that no matter what, my heart is yours Johanna Maguire, and there was no better place than right here, in this very park where I finally realized that it was always going to be you, to give this to you."

Johanna didn't waste a second, reaching out and pulling Tom into a kiss. Tears were streaming down her face as she laughed, pulling Tom into a thousand little kisses as he smiled back.

"Is that a yes?"

"Put the ring on me, Tommy,"