Did I just say that?

The next morning that all got up and got ready for school. Even Kyla. When they got there they went straight to the principal's office to get Deb and Kyla enrolled. And to their luck they all had the same first period. But Deb and Spencer had all the same classes and so did Kyla and Ashley, so they would all see each other twice a day including lunch.

They all went to first period together. Deb and Kyla were forced to introduce themselves to the class. Kyla enjoyed the attention of course. Ashley and Spencer sat in their normal seats and Kyla and Deb sat one row over from them. To make their relationship seem believable they smiled and looked at each other throughout the entire class period and of course Spencer was watching them, but what Spencer didn't know was that Ashley was watching her.

"Do you think that it's working?" Deb leans over and asks Kyla as the teacher drawls on about something uninteresting. 

"Of course it is, did you see how Spencer reacted last night when we announced that we were together?" Kyla says and smiles."Watch look over at her now, I bet she is looking at us." Kyla had her back turned to Spencer but she knew exactly what Spencer was doing. Deb peeked around Kyla to look at Spencer and sure enough Spencer was staring at them. She tried to hurry and look away when she saw Deb looking but Deb had already seen her.

"Oh my God, she is." Deb practically squeals.

"See, she can't help it. Even though her girlfriend is sitting right next to her she can't stop thinking about you." Kyla says matter of factly.

"Kyla..." Deb starts, peeking around Kyla again to look at Spencer who hurries and looks away again.  "I don't want to hurt her okay?" 

"I know." Kyla nods. "And we're not, we're just trying to make her realize that you are the one she wants to be with."

"Okay, but only if you're sure that she won't get hurt."

"Trust me." Kyla says and they both turn forward towards the teacher. As much as Deb wanted Spencer, she definitely didn't want Spencer getting hurt in the process.

The bell rang and class was over. Kyla and Ashley went one way and Deb and Spencer went the other to their second period class.

"Ohemgee, so how are you and Deb?" Ashley asks excitedly as the take their seats in class.

"Why are you more excited then me?" Kyla asks her sister with a smile. 

"I don't know." Ashley shrugs and smiles wide. "I'm just happy for you I guess."

"I don't know." Kyla says and turns towards the teacher as she comes in the classroom. "How about you ask me that in a two weeks." She smiles.

"Okay." Ashley nods and returns the smile as class starts.

--

"Wow so you and Kyla?" Spencer asks again. Her tone obviously showing that she was less than please with the idea of them together. 

"Yep." Deb nods and smiles at her best friend.

"Are you two like in love?" Spencer asks and Deb laughs a little.

"Spencer, it's only been one day." She points out.

"I know, but Ashley had this crazy idea that you two we're in love." Spencer sat back in her seat shaking her head and smiling. Glad that Deb was far from thinking about loving Kyla.

"No, we're not in love" Deb shook her head. "... yet." She added a few moments later. She glanced at Spencer from the corner of her eye to gauge her reaction.

"Yet,..." Spencer says. "Oh." She breathes out. Deb could tell that Spencer was getting jealous. And a little sad so she changed the subject.

"What about you and Ashley? You two seem to really love each other."