Prologue

The grass blew in the wind, and the sun glew brightly in the sky. Two vixens padded through the warm green strands. The sun shone brightly on their backs. The red fox stopped walking and began to stretch. "The weather is so nice today, especially since it's been really rainy lately. What do you think Red?"

The silver fox stopped and turned to face her, her blurry eyes shining in the sunlight. "Of course," Red smiled. "Silver, it's great to finally relax after all that madness happened, even if it was over a year ago."

Silver nodded. The two continued walking. "So, what's the plan? What's going to happen next?" Silver asked. Red tilted her head. "I'm not sure. I know Khos said that he planned on trying to find a way to build some sort of building in the Rift. Not sure how he could attempt that, considering how unstable it is."

"Oh, yeah of course. We... Wouldn't want him to end up like-" Silver paused. "N-Nevermind. It's probably best if we didn't think about it."

After some time, the two began to slow their pace. Red started to pick up speed again, but tripped. "Dang it! I hate it when that happens!"

She picked herself up, and shook the dirt off of her fur. Silver stopped. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Well, actually not really, but you know," Red grumbled. "Honestly, I'm just glad this hood is okay."

Silver examined the hood quickly and looked back to Red. "You do remember you can't even see what it looks like, right?"

Red huffed in response. "Of course I remember! I was born blind!"

"Ah, sorry. You know I was just messing with you!" Silver giggled. She jumped around circling Red as she moved slowly along. "Cheer up!"

A small laugh came from Red. "Alright, fine. You and I both know I can't stay upset forever!"

Silver stopped jumping and slowed her pace with Red's. She gave her a little lick on the ear and then ran ahead of her. "Sometimes I wish you weren't blind. Just think about it. Think about all the beauty you'd be able to see!"

"Silver, I already know the world is beautiful. I don't have to see it to believe it."

Silver sighed. "I know, I know. It'd just be nice if you saw the world. Just once."

She slowed her pace to match Red's again. Soon, they neared a shallow creek, and waded through it. Silver shook the water from her fur, then Red. "So, Nova said that the meeting place was just after the creek right? Meaning we don't have much more to go?" Red asked, shaking her fur some more.

"Yep, that's correct."

Red smiled. "That's good, because I'd rather not walk anymore!"

She laughed.

...

The wind blew strong in the clearing as Red and Silver approached the white creature. "Greetings Red, Silver!"

He smiled. He reached down to hug them both, then stood back up. "Greetings to you Khos!" Silver laughed back. "I see that everyone besides Starcatcher is here."

Khos nodded. "Yep. We have you two, Nova, Atlas, me, and Shadren so far. I've no idea what Star is up to."

Suddenly, a black dragon crashed into clearing, clearly in a hurry. "Oh my stars, I'm so sorry I'm late!" She cried. Red looked over to her, basing her location on the noise. "Star, if it makes you feel any better, Silver and I were sort of late too."

"Oh thank the stars I wasn't the only one then," she sighed.

"Well, if everyone's ready, we can finally begin!" Shadren growled. "If I might ask, what even kept you?"