10

We only see each other at Weddings and Funerals

"Why did you do that?" Winnie asked.

"Because if I didn't you would have tried appealing to their morality or whatever and gotten yourself hurt."

Five had jumped them into the living room. He stood away from her with his hands in his uniform pockets. His head was tilted back just slightly so she could see his knowing half-smile.

A lazy grin washed over her face and she gave one of her throaty chuckles. She was totally going to do that.

"Oh Five you know me so well." She cooed. Forced as it was, Winnie was trying to move past her siblings fighting and the funeral as fast as she could.

She knew Five was right, and there really wasn't anything she could do. She also felt rather selfish staying in a bad mood. There was much too many things to do.

Five rolled his eyes. "Ive spent many years thinking about all the little things you used to do."

"Things I do." Winnie corrected. "Im not dead yet."

She said it so jokingly Five had to stop. She always made light of things- and it was increasingly hard to tell if she was being serious.

Five saw her point though. He did keep referring to her like she was already dead.

"I'll be stopping the apocalypse anyway. So you wont be dying at all." Five reassured. He stared off stoically across the room.

That reminded her.. Winnie puffed out her cheeks in thought. She was forgetting something- something about the apocalypse...

Oh wait, she remembered.

"So if thats the case, how about you and I adjourn to the bedroom for a preemptive celebration." Winnie asked and waggled her eyebrows.

Five looked flatly at the girl. She was trying to keep a straight face, fighting ferociously to suppress a grin.

"Why would we do that?" Five asked, already knowing she was fibbing for whatever the reason.

"Because your still cute, old man." She told him seriously.

He space jumped over next to her and pinched her sides. A maniacal giggle spilled out of her lips, and she tried to get away. Five felt his heart twist in happiness.

He loved that sound. He loved how it made him feel. His mind was so old, but when confronted with just her laugh- he was reduced to a little boy, too in love for his own good.

"Okay! Okay! Uncle." Winnie said, still chuckling periodically. Fives hands dropped back into his pockets and he stepped away.

"I finished my painting earlier. Its up in my room." Winnie confessed.

Fives eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. "So if I did agree to your proposal, would you still have just shown me the painting?"

"Oh absolutely not." Winnie replied earnestly. She knew she would never give up that opportunity if it ever provided itself.

"Some might argue that's wrong." Five said back, with a growing grin.

Oh, how he did miss their banter.

The duo continued forward towards her room. Winnie was still trying desperately hard to forget her siblings beating the shit out of one another, so they avoided most windows.

"Clearly you've never looked up our fan-fictions." Winnie said.

"Our what?"

"We were crazy famous teenagers and adorably handsy. Fans used to write books allll about our forbidden romance."