Chapter 27: I Did Not See That Coming

*** Hey guys! Well I survived my first full week of school…surprisingly. Well I hope that you guys have liked my previous 26 chapters! I think that I’m going to do a total of 30 chapters in this book, and then start a second book. Like a sequel to this book! I would like to take a minute and say thank you to the people who have read the story. I’m sorry if it’s not the best book that you have ever read…I just wanted to try something new! Haha! Well thanks again guys and enjoy! ***

Chapter 27

I Did Not See That Coming

<A FEW WEEKS AFTER THE CONCERT.>

*** SADIE’S POINT OF VIEW. ***

        I woke up with a pounding head and sick stomach this morning, that’s what, got me out of bed. I felt like I was going to barf, so I quickly jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I guess that my constant gagging and coughing woke Harry up. He came into the bathroom and held my held my hair back telling me that everything was going to be alright. After a couple minutes, I flushed the toilet and said “Harry, can you get me a wash cloth?” He let go of my hair and got up to get me something to wipe my face off with. I heard the sink turn on and turn off a couple seconds later. I had my back turned towards Harry because I didn’t want him to see my face covered in what I just threw up. I heard his footsteps get closer and I held my hand out giving him a signal to give me the washcloth. He didn’t though, he sat down in front of me a wiped my face. I felt my cheeks get hot with embarrassment, he chuckled and said “Trust me babe, I’ve seen worse. Don’t be embarrassed!” I grinned and said “Thanks…” After he wiped my face I walked into the kitchen and looked at the calendar at the wall when it hit me. I’m two weeks late…I backed up to the wall and buried my face into my hands. Harry came down and said “Babe, you okay?” I fell to the floor; Harry rushed over to me and said “Whoa! Babe, you look pale! Here, I’ll help you to the couch!” He helped me up and walked me over to the couch, he sat down next to me and I buried my head into his chest. He stroked my hair and said “Hey, tell me what’s wrong.” I lifted my head up, my eyes met his, and I choked out the words “Harry, I think I’m pregnant.”

*** HARRY’S POINT OF VIEW. ***

       After Sadie left the room I hopped in the shower. I hopped out 15 minutes later and put on some sweatpants and a Jack Wills t-shirt. I walked over to the dresser, opened my sock drawer and slipped on some red socks with little white Christmas trees on them. I was getting ready to put on a beanie when I heard a big bang. I dropped the beanie and ran downstairs to find Sadie standing up against the wall with her face in her hands. I stood in front of her and asked “Babe? You okay?” She didn’t respond to me, I took a step forward and she fell to the floor. I quickly rushed over to her and took her hands away from her face. Her face was really pale; I helped her to her feet and lead her over to the couch. We sat down on the sofa and she buried her face into my chest. My shirt started to get damp when I told her “Hey, tell me what’s wrong.” She took her face away from my chest and looked me in the eyes. A tear streamed down her face as she said the words “Harry, I think I’m pregnant.” My jaw dropped when she said the last syllable. “You think you’re pregnant?” I asked. She shook her head and said “Yep, I’m two weeks late.” I rubbed my forehead and said “How did this happen?” She looked at the ground and said “I don’t know Harry.” We sat there in silence for a couple minutes, and then it hit me. I looked at Sadie and said “Remember about three weeks ago, you and me went out to celebrate your birthday…?” Her eyes widened and she said “Yeah…why?” “Didn’t we have a few drinks while we were out celebrating?” She put her hand over her mouth and she whispered “And when we got home…we did it?” I shook my head yes and she started to cry. I scooted closer to her and said “Babe, why are you crying? Shouldn’t you be happy?” She laid her head on my shoulder and said “I am happy! But Harry, we’re a little bit too young to be parents…don’t you think?” I shrugged my shoulders and said “Maybe…I don’t know.” Sadie rested her head on my shoulder; I took her hand and said “We can make it through. I promise.” I kissed her hand and we sat there in silence. She cleared her throat and said “I’ll be right back. I have to talk to someone about this.” I watched her disappear upstairs then I slipped my shoes on, got in the car and headed for town.

*** SADIE’S POINT OF VIEW. ***

      I got up from the couch and quickly walked upstairs. I walked into mine and Harry’s bedroom and walked over to the bedside table. I reached for my phone when I stubbed my toe on the corner of the table. I held my foot in pain and proceeded to curse like a sailor under my breath. Liam must’ve over heard me because he was standing in the doorway of the bedroom. He cleared his throat and said “You okay?” I spun around and said “Yeah, I’m fine.” He raised an eyebrow and said “My lord you are pale child! Get some sun!” I chuckled and said “I don’t feel very well, that’s why I look like a ghost right now.” He chuckled as well and said “Well I hope you get to feeling better!” Liam vanished down the hallway and I quickly picked up my phone and made a B-line for the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me and went to my contacts. I scrolled down my contacts list when I came across the name I wanted. I clicked the name, then the number and before I knew I could hear Jenna’s voice on the other line. “Hey girly! Just the lady I wanted to talk to!” I smiled and said “Jenna, I need to tell you something.” She giggled and said “Me too! Tell me your news first!” I took a deep breath and said “Jenna, I think…that I might be pregnant.” She started screaming with excitement and said “No way! Me too!” My eyes widened and said “Oh my gosh, I’m going to be an auntie!” A couple minutes later someone knocked at the door. I told Jenna I had to go and walked over to the door. I unlocked it and opened it to see Harry standing there. He handed me a brown paper sack and shut the door. I walked over to the sink and opened up the paper sack. Great, a pregnancy test. I took a deep breath and opened the package.

*** CHANDLER’S POINT OF VIEW. ***

          Niall and I walked in the door from shopping when Harry walked in. He looked at Niall and said “Family meeting in the living room in ten minutes. Be there!” He quickly left the room and Niall and I looked at each other with confused looks. We walked upstairs to put our bags away when I said “Do you guys usually have family meetings?” Niall was putting away his jeans when he said “This is actually the first family meeting the boys and I have ever had.” I hung up the last couple shirts that I bought and went downstairs where everyone was at. I sat down next to Louis on the couch with Niall on the other side of me. Liam and Zayn were sitting on the love seat and we waited for Harry and Sadie to appear. We chit-chatted for a few minutes when I saw the other two in sight. I looked up at Sadie; her face was a sickly shade of white. Her and Harry sat down in the two big recliners and we sat there in silence for a couple minutes. Louis broke the silence by asking “So Haz, why did you arrange this family meeting?” Harry looked at all of us and said “Well, we have some news.” “Tell us your news!” Niall said while biting his fingernail. Sadie looked at Harry and smiled, then exited the room to go into the kitchen. She came back out with a plate. She placed the plate on the coffee table. Everyone looked at the plate that said the words “I’m Pr-“with an Eggo waffle lying next to the ‘r’. Everyone gave each other puzzled looks when Louis said “Wow! I did not see that coming!” Liam shouted “Oh my goodness! Congrats you guys!” Zayn was smiling like an idiot and clapping. Niall and I just sat there with confused looks on our faces. I looked at Sadie and said “Am I missing something?” Liam looked at me and said “Chandler! Sadie is pregnant!” I smiled great big and started jumping on the couch! I hopped off the couch and hugged Sadie. I said “Congrats girl! I’m so happy for you!” She pulled me back and said “I’m also going to be an auntie!” Harry’s eyes widened and said “Wait! Jenna is pregnant too!?” She shook her head yes and chuckled. Niall then screamed "Harry! Can I eat this waffle?!" Harry chuckled and said "Go ahead Niall. You eat that waffle!" After a few minutes I saw Sadie go outside, I followed her. I walked out onto the deck; she was standing there looking up into the night sky. I walked up to her and said “I’m happy for you and Harry.” She smiled and said “Thanks, it’s crazy though. Time really does fly.” I chuckled and said “Tell me about it. I’m getting married next summer.” Sadie pulled me in for a hug and said “Thanks for being here for me.” I hugged back and said “That’s what friends are for, right?” She pulled out of the hug and said “I’m going to bed. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” And with that she went outside while I stayed outside and thought about what she said. Time really does fly.

*** Hey guys! What’s going on? Well, I hope that you guys liked this chapter! Sorry about the long wait for the updated chapter! I’ve been a bit busy lately. I hope that you guys have had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! I sure did! Thanks guys! Love you all!! ***