Chapter 12

Pavel's POV

I make my way towards the transporter room. With the power back on, I now know what I have to do. We just watched Khan's ship crash. We know he can survive it, and he most likely protected Hannah during the crash. I pass medbay on my way there. I see Dr. McCoy with his face in his hands. I stop and walk into medbay. He looks up at me. Tears fill his eyes.

"I'm going to get her back," I tell him. "I promise."

He just continues to look up at me. He fears she's dead already. I would be lying if I said that thought had not crept into my mind.

"I'm not giwing up on her," I say.

"Neither am I," he replies. He stands up and puts his hands on my upper arms. "Bring our girl home."

"I will. I promise."

With that, I leave medbay. I make it to the transporter room and stand on the pad.

"Beam me down," I tell the operators.

"But, Ensign Chekov-"

"Beam me down."

They don't argue. They do as I say. I am beamed down to the surface and run towards the crashed ship...

Hannah's POV

The world is really fuzzy as I come to. The first thing I notice is that the ship doesn't seem to be moving anymore. I don't think we've exactly landed... well, we've crash landed. The ship is in ruins. Based on the condition of the ship, this crash should've killed me. My only guess as to why I'm alive is that Khan, out of the "goodness" of his heart, protected me during the crash. However, I don't see him anywhere.

I slowly attempt to get to my feet. My whole body hurts. The fact that I'll be covered in bruises tomorrow is the least of my problems. There's a pretty good chance I have at least a concussion. I move carefully to the edge of the ship.

Woah... way up here...

Saying I'm a long way off the ground is an understatement. I look over to find Khan. I gasp as he jumps about 30 meters to another part of the ship. I look around for a handhold, which I luckily find. I carefully try to climb down the side of the ship. I'm about ten meters from a building when I slip. I feel weightless for a few seconds before I hit the top of the building.

I come down hard on the cement. Harder than I expected. I scream right as the air is knocked out of my lungs. Intense pain shoots through both of my legs. I don't have to have an X-ray to know... they both just snapped. Khan jumps 30 meters and is fine. I fall about 10 and this happens. Life is not fair. I try to push myself up, but in the process, I lose my balance and fall off the side.

I am barely able to grab a hold of the side of the building. I hold on with all of my might, but I know it's not enough. My fingertips begin to lose their grip. I feel the tips of my fingers slip. I feel weightless for a moment. I know what is going to happen. I scream waiting to be silenced. I then feel something wrapped around my waist, and I hit something. My cheek is against fabric. I feel a rise and fall. I feel something beating inside. I have hit my boyfriend's chest. I look up at the sweet blue eyes of my savior.

"Pavel," I sigh. His eyes are tear-filled.

His face is red, and, poor thing, his nose is running. A tear makes it way down my cheek. I close my eyes and feel his lips touch mine. Silence, tears and love fill our existence for the moment. My panicked heartbeat begins to slow. I feel my body relax. We break apart and I lay my head against his chest.