Chapter 6

Hannah's POV

I cannot say that I'm at ease when I reach the brig. Harrison doesn't seem surprised when I approach. He just stares at me. His facial expression doesn't change.

"I had a feeling you would return," he says. His voice sends chills down my spine.

"We need answers," I tell him.

"No. You need answers."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You want to know why I singled you out."

Darn it...

"Sure. That'd be nice."

"You don't seem to understand... Hannah... exactly who you are... I've known many people in my life. None of them are quite like you."

I feel the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"Most humans I've met do not impress me. From the moment I laid eyes on you..." as he speaks, he walks up to the front of the containment cell and lays his hand on the clear front directly in front of me. "You amazed me."

"And how exactly did I do that? I was sitting on a bench."

He doesn't say anything. He just... smiles.

Oh my gosh...

My whole body shivers.

"Have you... you've been watching me..."

"Indeed, Miss McCoy."

"Why? How? What? When? How long..."

"Since the moment you met with Admiral Marcus discussing a security problem in Medical Bay."

"That was.... That was almost a year ago..."

"It was."

I thought I was crazy. I've told Pavel that something hasn't felt right. I had this feeling I had a shadow following me... Now, I know that I was right.

"You still haven't answered my question... Why?"

"Admiral Marcus had a small fear of you. You were too confident, too strong-willed to be controlled. He couldn't hold you under his thumb. The more he pressed the more you pushed back."

"Um, well duh. I'm a southern girl. It's kinda what we do. So, that's why you've been my shadow for almost a year?"
"Yes."

"So what?" I say with fake confidence. "You watched my routine? Kept an eye on me because... what, you had a crush?"

"Everyday you were at Starfleet Academy, you left your home at around 7:30 am. You walked to Medbay with your father. You stayed there from 7:45 am until lunch, which was typically around 11:30 am. You always ate lunch with the young ensign. After lunch, at about 12:15pm, you went back to Medbay. You stayed there until about 3 pm. Only on Tuesdays did you stay later until 4 pm. You went home after this. On Fridays, you and your father would eat at a diner on the academy's campus. You spent your Saturdays with the ensign. Sundays, you could be found at the chapel in the mornings. Is there anything I missed?"

This is extremely disturbing...

"Ummm... why do you know all of this?"

"As you stated, I shadowed you. I really didn't want to let you out of my sight."

"And why would that be?"

He looks away for a moment. I hear him sigh.

"I wanted you."

"Wanted me..."

That phrase rings in my head. It makes my hair stand on edge. I want to run away, but it's as if my feet are glued to the floor. He turns back around and stands with the only thing between us being the cell wall.

"I wanted you. I wanted your power and spirit. I wanted your courage and strength. I wanted the blazing fire of passion that burns inside of you."

"I'm not yours to have," I say with more confidence than I have. With this, I simply walk away. He calls my name, asks me not to leave, but I keep walking. I walk right back to the arms of my loving Pavel never looking back at Harrison.