Chapter 3- The story

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns all

Hermione's POV

"How? What?" I say weakly, all the energy drained out of me.

"When you were born, Voldemort was at his peak. He was killing every newborn baby girl. We couldn't let that happen to you, so, even though it broke our heart, we put you up for adoption." Mr Zabini says.

"But you couldn't have loved me, could you? You didn't take me back once Voldemort lost his powers," I say defensively.

"Well we tried," interjected Mrs Zabini. "But Melissa here was a little pushy giving you back."

"We loved her! We still love her, and a lot more than you I daresay!" Dad says.

"How dare you! You have no idea what it is like to have to give away your baby-" Mr Zabini shouts.

"Enough!" I shout. "Mr and Mrs Zabini, if you didn't come here to argue with my parents, why are you here?"

"We've come to take you home." Mrs Zabini says. Strangely, it doesn't come as a shock.

"And what if I say I don't want to?"

"You have no choice. We are your parents." Mr Zabini says. "Blaise will help you to pack, and then we can go."

'I...you can't. You can't do this to me. I belong with my parents, and as far as I can see, nothing much has changed. Parents are the ones who care for you, who love you more than life itself and are always there for you. There is only one set of parents in this room I love. I walk over to Melissa and Desmond, my legs shaking.

Melissa takes a deep breath. 'I will probably regret saying this so much later, but honey, the zabinis are right. We've kept you too long, you aren't rightfully ours. You need to go with them.'

Our eyes meet and another tear runs down my cheek.

'okay' I whisper, and head back upstairs to pack.

Blaise and I walk up to my room. He tries to start a conversation.

"So umm twins, that's pretty cool, huh? I think I'm older by like nine minutes though."

"Yeah. We need to pack," I say, already using my wand to neatly fold clothes.

"Hmmh. Well if you don't think that's cool, try this." He says, and suddenly his voice is in my head.

*Hello, sister.*

"Woah, I never knew that you could have a telepathic connection between twins!"

"Yeah, I know, right? Anyway, let's go downstairs."

"I carry my trunk downstairs. The mood there is awkward. Melissa and Desmond are crying into each other and Mr and Mrs Zabini look very awkward, like they are trying to decide whether to comfort them or shout at them. Eventually Mrs Zabini tentatively puts her arm on Melissa's shoulder.

"Umm...I'm ready," I say.

Mrs Zabini turns back round to me, eyes shining.

"Okay. We're travelling by floopowder so you can say goodbye while we wait in the fireplace," says Mrs Zabini. She, Mr Zabini, and Blaise walk out of the room.

I pull them into a hug, hoping I will see them sooner rather than later.

"Bye," I whisper, then confidently sride into the fireplace with my family.

"Zabini manor," I say clearly, and then in a heartbeat I am gone.

Woo-hoo! I am actually really pleased with the way the story is going, and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Rosy xo