-29-

One year later...

"I-I'm sorry! I repent, I swear it!" The man said. Mystique looked over at Percy, who nodded his head. Mystique began to close his fist, and the man's screams increase. "Loyalty, have you did your part?" Percy asked. He turned to meet Randel's bared fangs and his claws that were soaked in blood. "You just worry about cleaning this place up." The wolf scoffed playfully. The man's screams turned to choking sounds, and as the man tried to gasp for air, Mystique turned his hand closed his hand fully. The man went limp.

The three of them had just single-handedly took down a whole government, only knocking the guards out. "Let's get out of here," Percy said, looking at the mass of dead bodies before him.

Percy stood in the middle of the courtyard, and he felt Chaos' presence. Some of the most important people on this planet lived here, nobles they were called. Those who weren't nobles lived terrible lives, never living more than 30 years. The nobles treated them like bugs that they could feed or crush whenever they pleased. Percy wouldn't be surprised if Chaos was here to protect the monsters.

All of the homes were large and beautiful, fit for royalty. Percy scoffed.

***
Chaos arrived to the planet just in time to see the destruction begin.
He spotted the cloaked Maelstrom almost immediately. And the damage Maelstrom could create...

He raised his hand, and the buildings began to crumble. The ground shook and large pillars of ice protruded from the planet, and two people, both in cloaks appeared next to him.

"Look at that. You've found us Chaos." The one on the right, Loyalty says.
"Took you long enough." The one on the left, Mystique said.

The middle remained silent, a slow deadly smirk spread across his face, and with the snap of his fingers, the pillars collapsed, taking down the grand building, and making their escape.

Chaos stood amongst the rubble, not bothering to go after them. He'll find them again, and then, he'll offer them something they can't refuse. He just had to figure out what that something was.

He was the creator of the universe after all. There was no way he'd let Order win.

He returned to his throne room, and his team stood there patiently. "It's true? They've joined your brother?" Travis asked. He had long healed and the incident only strengthened his determination to recruit the assassin. Chaos knew that his team knew the identity of the assassin, at least most of them. He wasn't too sure about Luke though.

"I'm not surprised. He seems gullible enough to be convinced by Order's lies." Luke said, rolling his eyes.

"Luke! Even saying his name could give him enough power to appear here!" Katie snapped at him. Clarisse gave her a quick glance before turning back to Chaos. Chaos sighed.

"Go ahead, Ms. La Rue. Say it." Chaos said. "Gladly. Ahem, I told you so. There was no need for you to bring that bus driver into it, and it gave your brother a perfect opening to get to the person in question." Clarisse said.

Chaos knew she was right, and he wasn't thinking when he asked that bus driver to bring Percy to him, but he had no idea that he would go and kill himself. Chaos couldn't imagine the lies Order must've implanted into his mind to make him act like that.

"That's the thing you told him not to do? I would've thought plaguing the guy with nightmares set him off the brink for him to join forces with Order of all deities." Zanthos said. "That was also a mistake on my part. Hoping he'd come to confront me was wishful thinking." Chaos said.

"Why would Order want anything to do with them?" Travis asked.

"Not them, him. The leader, Maelstrom is very powerful, a perfect host." Chaos said.

All of them looked at Chaos in question.

"Dare I say his name, Void cannot be revived without a corporeal form. The host must be powerful and have enough emptiness in him to become one with the void. My brother has been trying to release him since I imprisoned him in his domain. If he gets out..."

"There will be nothing left. His domain will conquer all of creation." Katie said gravely.

"If only we knew more about the assassin in question, this Maelstrom, we'd be able to protect him from such a fate." Chaos said, looking at his team from the side of his eye.

Clarisse's head bowed slightly, and Travis cleared his throat. Katie tried to look indifferent, and Will excused himself.

Chaos had got them now.

Okay, before you guys get angry, the only reason I keep putting cliffhangers isn't to spite you (okay, just a little) but it is because the end of this book is near.

So, who do you think is the bad guy?

Chaos or Order?

Should Chaos' "Elite Team" tell him Percy's identity?

Well, I'm gonna go. Thank you so much for reading,
              ~DemonsFromAbove