Scared - BC 🌷

Set in Season Two
Age: seventeen

In which fear doesn't stop Nancy Drew

It all started with a spark. It was a calm night in June when two girls met. They were from two different worlds; one the perfect girl next door - preppy, blonde and beautiful. The other from the wrong side of the tracks, her reputation told others she was dangerous - a snake who shed her skin when necessary. It seemed that these two girls were never meant to meet, but that night at Pops changed everything.

Y/N'S POV

You sighed as you walked into Pop's, sitting across from Jughead. It had been a long day for you. After having an argument with your science teacher and serving detention, you then came back to your trailer only to find out that your rent was overdue by at least two months. Things only seemed worse for you as time went on and it had made you feel awful. Bad days turned into bad weeks which appeared to be bad months. You were a Serpent, all you ever got was bad luck.

"Rough day, Y/N?" The younger Jones questioned, not even looking up from his laptop as you spoke, resting your head in your hands.

"Us Serpents never catch a break, I swear." You had been friends with Jughead ever since you were little. Although you went to two different schools, Jughead was your best friend, one of the only people you could really rely on besides Toni, your twin sister. You had quite the reputation, the two of you. Y/N and Toni Topaz, the Serpent sisters, who shed their skin quicker than the click of a trigger. Of course, if only people would peel back the layers. Underneath all of the pain and the hurt, you were a good person; loyal, genuine, honest and generous. You gave even when you had nothing to give. And that's why the Serpents loved you. The ringing of Pop's bell could be heard throughout the small shop as someone entered. Your head turns and you stop in awe. The girl who stood at the door was blonde and beautiful, someone you'd never seen before. She stood tall, looking around the shop. She locks eyes with you and the two of you stare at each other. Those blue eyes were so light and beautiful, but they scared you because of all the hurt you could see behind them.

"Betty." Jughead breaks the tension and the blonde smiles at your friend, walking over to him. Of course she was straight and of all people, interested in Jughead. You let out a disappointed sigh before sitting across from Jughead. Betty, as Jughead had called her before, slide into the booth, sitting down beside you. You inhale sharply, trying not to seem nervous in front of this gorgeous girl. You could see Jughead smirk at you out of the corner of your eye and you wanted to kick him.

"Hey Jug, I was just looking for you." The blonde glanced at you again and you felt like you lost yourself as she gazed into your eyes. Jughead smirked to himself, closing his laptop. He knew full well what was going on between the two girls, even though they were oblivious.

"Betty, this is Y/N Topaz, one of my best friends from the Serpents." She glanced down into her lap, where her hands were resting together. Her pink lips called your attention. "Y/N, this is Elizabeth Cooper, she goes by Betty. One of my best friends from Riverdale High." Betty glared at the boy as he stated her real name and you felt a sarcastic laugh rumble in your chest. Of course she was a Cooper, unbelievable. You almost fell for a Cooper. She glanced at you again as you faked a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Betty. I'm sure you've heard all about us snakes. We aren't as bad as your mother makes us seem." The glimmer in Betty's eyes disappeared as Jughead's cheeky demeanour drops. Shit, he shouldn't have said anything. You slide out of the booth, grazing your fingers across the girl's face. She shivered at your touch. "Porcelain skin, just like a Cooper. Funny how your mother went from being one of us to treating us like trash. Serpents really do shed their skin." You almost whisper as you're only a few inches away from Betty's face. You stand up straight, turning on your heel as you begin to walk out of Pop's.

"I'm not like my mother." You freeze at that, turning back towards the girl as you smirked knowingly.

"Of course not." You spoke in a taunting matter. "Your mother hates us, you're just scared." With that, you walk out of the shop, illuminated in the night by only the vivid neon signs. "Shit!" You kick the gravel harshly as you continue your way home. You'd fallen for a Cooper.