II: SHOULDN'T YOU BE SITTING AT YOUR OWN TABLE?

chapter two; shouldn't you be sitting at your own table?

IF YOU ASKED LYRIC WHAT her favorite room in hogwarts was, she would reply with either the hufflepuff common room or the kitchens; but as she looked up at the ceiling that had been enchanted to look like the night sky, smelled the delicious array ...

IF YOU ASKED LYRIC WHAT her favorite room in hogwarts was, she would reply with either the hufflepuff common room or the kitchens; but as she looked up at the ceiling that had been enchanted to look like the night sky, smelled the delicious array of home cooked meals, and felt that sense of home by seeing so many old faces that greeted each other with smiles and stories of their adventures during the holiday - she decided that the great hall was definitely her favorite room in hogwarts.

she walked along side rosie who led them over to the gryffindor table. it was a tradition for lyric to sit at her friend's table during the back to school and end of the year feast. no one really minded that she did - everyone loved the girl and just couldn't say no to her.

as she walked down the aisle passing the tables filled with students, she heard the not so silent whispers about her. usually the girl would walk with her head held high and a friendly smile on her face as she said hi to people who waved at her; but lyric kept her head down, her hair shielding her from the rumors and gossip that left people's lips.

they all knew. she knew that everyone in the castle had their own version of her break up. some believed that she cheated on noah or vice versa. or that there was this all out fight between the two lovers that ended in blood and one of them left to clean up the mess.

she just hoped that harry would be nice enough to lend her his invisibility cloak for the rest of the year.

"ignore them." rosie whispered while throwing glares left and right to people who pointed. the gryffindor felt her heart ache for the girl walking besides her who kept her stare down at her shoes.

she felt guilty for not visiting lyric more often over the summer, but at the same time knew she needed the space. the two girls finally made it over to the table filled with scarlet and gold clad teens and sat down across from the weasley twins and their best friend lee jordan.

"hello boys." rosie flirted.

"ah my favorite desk partner has finally arrived!" george weasley flirted back while throwing his hands in the air.

"oh georgie you really know how to flatter a girl." rosie replied while pretending to fan herself.

lyric laughed, amused at the two gryffindors. she knew that they were friends due to the fact that not only were they in the same house, but because rosie would help george cheat in transfiguration by giving him the answers to all their tests.

george's eyes shifted over to lyric and a huge smirk began to take over his face as he discreetly poked the side of fred's rib.

"oi parker, shouldn't you be sitting at your own table?" he teased.

lyric knew that he didn't mean this in a mean way. almost everyone knew about her sitting tradition. "yes i should, but because the sorting hat almost placed me in gryffindor i wanted to get a feel of what it would've been like to sit with you lions - you know since it's my last year and all." she said seriously as she started to fill her plate with potatoes.

george gave her a surprised look, "wait what? are you serious?"

"not even in the slightest. i'm as hufflepuff as you can get." she stuck her tongue out at him. fred let out a quiet snort and lyric caught his eye.

she smiled at him and fred would be lying if he said his heart didn't stop. he knew of her sitting tradition and the fact that she had chosen to sit in front of him was a blessing. he promised to thank merlin later for this gift.

the hall quickly became quiet as dumbledore welcomed them back and started his annual back to school speech. unfortunately before he could finish he was rudely interrupted by a short, plump, woman dressed in pink who resembled somewhat of a toad. lyric was pretty good at reading people, and the vibe she got from the woman was not a good one. she did not like her one bit.

"the nerve of that woman! who does she think she is - interrupting dumbledore like that?" lyric exclaimed with a tone of disgust.

she placed dumbledore on a high pedestal. he cared for all magical beings, treated them equally, and was the one who made it okay for muggleborns and werewolves to come to hogwarts. so when this umbridge woman interrupted her beloved headmaster she felt deeply offended.

"i can already hear the snores that'll be coming from her class." fred said. lyric snorted and nodded her head in agreement - fred gave himself a little pat on the back for that.

as lyric looked around among the chattering students her eyes caught sight of a certain someone and helga did she wish they didn't. she cursed herself for being so watchful.

she felt the bandaids that been placed over her heart be ripped off as she watched her old lover whisper something to a pretty girl sitting next to him; making her laugh and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"d'reckon if i rolled a dungbomb under her chair right now she wou-" fred cut himself off, noticing that lyric was no longer paying attention and had this look of hurt on her face. he followed her eyes and saw noah sitting very closely to a ravenclaw girl that (in his opinion) did not compare to the girl sitting in front of him.

fred knew that lyric still loved and cared for noah. he was her first love. he knew that it would take time before the girl became whole again.

"lyric are you okay?" he asked her and with all his courage he reached out and touched her hand. this seemed to snap lyric out of her misery and look at fred.

rosie and george were too busy laughing at something lee had said to notice that the two teens sitting next to them were now holding hands. "y-yeah. i'm okay." she assured him.

fred smiled and let go of her hand making lyric a little disappointed (she didn't understand why) and reached for his wand in his robes. he pointed it towards noah and muttered "flipendo" making the ravenclaw fall off the bench, causing the people around him to howl with laughter.

fred, satisfied with what he had done, turned around and looked back at lyric who was smiling sadly at him.

"thanks fred."

•••

the fact that this book hit over 100 reads in two days makes my heart swell. shoutout to holaholly for always commenting, voting, writing amazing books, and giving me a drive to continue writing. dont even know u girl and youre doing the absolute most for me :,))