In Need Of A Lesson

One day later...
Lucy's POV

I smile, laughing along with my guild mates.

I'd completely forgotten my recent struggles at the moment.

I'm so caught up in enjoying my time in Fairy Tail, especially knowing there's a possibility I'll be dead soon enough.

No, I can't think like that.

So, maybe I hadn't forgotten all my struggles, but I believed in Natsu to get me through this mess.

Natsu always came through in the end.

Mira walks over, setting down a tray of drinks for the group that'd gathered at the table.

"Mira, why don't you join us?" I ask.

She's always working, and there never seems to be time for her to take a break to sit and talk with everyone.

"Oh, I don't know..."

Cana scoots over, slamming her hand on the table space next to her.

"Come on, you can sit here! Loosen up and have some fun with us!"

Mira gives us both an even brighter smile, sitting down to join in.

The guild was in good shape, and everyone was too.

Meanwhile, Master had been contemplating in his office.

Master's POV

It's as if those children had all forgotten what'd we'd walked into in our return.

Have I made the right decision, not reminding them?

It might be better to keep their minds off it, but are they well prepared enough for this?

Black Rose is a strong opponent for sure, and powerful was definitely a trait to describe them with.

I'm afraid Fairy Tail might have a fall out with this one, but maybe I should have faith in them...

They are fairies after all, known to be quite spontaneous.

Besides, fairies having tails?

The mystery is unsolved, and it's never-ending.

Lior's POV

I step off the bus, onto the stone ground of Magnolia.

I had arrived for Queen Lilith's task.

I was to check in on Fairy Tail and report back.

I make my way through the streets, trying to keep a low profile.

I've always been good with these observational missions, and I wasn't surprised when Madam Lilith had called me in.

I'd been touched when she mentioned her liking of my work, saying I was a useful pawn in the end game.

Finally, I come across the guild hall of those pesky fairies.

I lower behind a tree, glancing around.

I must report my findings to the Madam...

"The fairies are definitely back in town." I say into the magic device our communications team had designed.

"Do they seem fazed at all?" I hear the Madam query through the other end of the phone.

"Madam, my honest opinion on the matter is that these fairies will need a lesson."

"A lesson, huh?"

"That's right. I think we can begin with our plans and protocols. These disgusting fairies should know their place..."