Prologue: A Friend to Help?

Luka visits Marinette every day since Adrien's death and funeral.  He knows she has not gotten over him. Perhaps, she never will recover from this tragic loss. He intends to help her pick up the broken pieces even if he gets hurt in the process. He heads towards the park because he knows she goes there to think.  He sighs as he recalls how upset she was the last time he saw her.  

    Marinette sobs while she sits on the park bench.  She recalls it has been a year since Adrien Agreste, her classmate, and friend died. She knows it was a freak accident. Why does she feel so guilty?  She blames herself for what happened. Sure he stepped out in front of the car, but she did not stop him. What kind of friend does this?

     Luka arrives at the park a few minutes late. He feels bad when he sees her tears. Great, he thinks I am a horrible friend to her.

     "Marinette, sorry, I am late."

    "No, need to apologize. You are here now. It is all that matters." 

     Luka sits beside her with his arms around her. He wishes he could tell her how he feels, but now is probably not a good time. He sighs as it dawns on him that he is jealous of a dead guy.

        Find out more in Chapter 1

     The edits were made to the Prologue on January 14, 2021.

    bye, bye little owlets! 

-Summer out!