Chapter Seven

Edited by: bat_woman_

Arne took a breath of fresh air into his lungs. Running his hands through his hair he looked up into the sky which was slowly fading from dark to light. He had been by her side for hours. Katra finally was resting peacefully and the hut was in the process of being cleaned by her thrall. The smell of sickness should be gone soon.

"How could this happen?" Gunner questions as he and Erick both step out if the shadows and into the light from the open door.

"I do not know." Arnes frustration laced his voice. "Someone wants her dead. Katra will no longer be left alone as of now. If I am not with her someone we trust will be, am I clear?"

"Ja." The princes say in unison.

"Before now we have been lucky. The other attempts on her life could be taken as warning. Let us make sure there will be no more nights such as this." Arne finishes, his frustration easily transforming into rage thinking of his wife murdered. Turning, Arne strode into the hut and shut the door.

After dismissing the thralls he shed his clothes and climbed into bed with his wife. Pulling her into his arms he kissed her shoulder. "May Eir watch over ye as ye rest and heal, my brave wee warrior." Arne says aginst her skin.

With that he held her into the night as he, himself, remained restless. Staring at the wall of the hut until his 'wee warrior' had awoken.

------------------------------------

Katra was hot. The sweat causing her hair to stick to her skin. Waking up slowly she felt like she was laying a fire. Looking around she saw she was in the hut that has been given to Arne and herself for their marriage night. Katra stiffened as she remembered that the night before was the gale for their marriage.

Looking to her left shoulder, on the other side of the bed Katra realized Arne was the reason why she was hot. Taking some time to admire him she noticed that he was not wearing any bedclothes. Without warning Katra rolled off the bed and grabbed the dagger underneath the bed. Standing Katra put it against her husbands throat.

"Why are ye naked?" Katra said as Arne looked up to her with a look akin to relief. "I asked ye a question!" Katra growled out while pushing down in the skin being sure to draw a little blood.

"Do you not remember, wife?" Arne inquired softly as not to put more presurre on his throat.

"Did we have sex?" Katra demanded. When Arne did not answer she slid her body off the side of the bed and gave him a smug smile. "I do not remember it so it could not have been that good."

Katra refused to flinch as Arne stood in front of her. Looking up at her husband, Katra met his eyes.

"Wife, when I bed ye it will be remembered as one of the most passionate nights of yer life. Make no mistake, I will bed ye. As to why I was naked, it is because that is the way I sleep. And ye, my wee warrior were poisoned last night at our gale. Ye were brought here and yer body was purged of the poison within it. Now get yer ass back to that bed and rest before I tie yer ass to it."

Katra ignored him and made her way to the water basin instead. "I was posioned?" Katra says to herself as she splashed water on her face. Arne growls for being defied by his wife who, if they had not found out soon enough, would've made a widower out of him.

Katra never heard him coming and squealed when she was thrown over her husbands shoulder. "What are ye doing?" Katra yells out angrily.

"I told ye to get yer ass back to bed or else I will tie it to ye!" Arne said, disturbingly calm. With that Arne threw Katra on the bed held her down as she struggled and used tips sheets to tie both her hands to the bed.

When he was done Arne reached for Katras face and held as he looke deep in her eyes. "Ye almost died and joined the afterlife. Wee Warrior, you need to rest. For we can not lose you."

Without another thought Katra watched as her husband move away from her. Katra looked down and her eyes widened. Her husband was a fine man but..."That will not fit." Katra gasped as she hears Arne chuckle not realizing she said that out loud.

"Arne release me!" Katra screamed trying not to let her embarrassment show.

"Nay wife you shall stay in bed and rest. I shall stay until your mother comes." Arne replied. After he was dressed he broug trying not to let her embarrassment show.

"Nay wife you shall stay in bed and rest. I shall stay until your mother comes." Arne replied. After he was dressed he brought Katra goblet with water.
"How is your throat?"

Katra refused to answer and glared at the man as she took a sip of water. At that moment there was a knock on the door. Arne put the cup down and went to answer it. "My Queen," Katra heard him say.

"How is she Arne?" Katra heard mother say.

"Spitting mad and full of spite." Arne replies grinning like a madman. Katras mother laughed. "I will leave so ye can check on her."

Editing done by @bat_woman_
-Editors note/ Thanks to all the exceptional readers supporting the author. I read through ALL the comments every time a chapter is published and you guys are the best. Comment if you love Ivory_Life and her works!!!!!!! XD

AN: Thank you for the amazing comments everyone!! I love reading them. I may not answer them all but I do read them all <3 Thanks to bat_woman_ for the awesome edit.