3 | the boy

3 | THE BOY

28 years later

28 years later...
Luca was twenty eight years old. He had discovered many different things about himself. Things he could not explain. Things that others could not understand. He documented all these things and changes he had within him in a journal. It read:

'1. Telekinesis: I managed to move a few bookcases and cups. Nothing more than that and they didn't move very far. I shall continue practicing.

2. Transmutation: I am very good at this. I frighten my mother very often with this trick. I can hop through space and transport from place to place with ease. Very useful when robbing a bank.

3. Pyrokinesis/Stiricidium: I suppose it goes hand in hand with telekinesis as I can manipulate and move fire and water. Again, not very good at it. Almost burned down my apartment... then almost flooded it.

4. Concilium: I've been practicing at the local clubs I attend with the drunks. Mother tells me I only think it works because I test it on drunks who already will do anything for me.'

It wasn't much, but it was something. It kept Luca on track to keep practicing and enhancing his abilities. Although they did scare him a bit, he felt safer in New York where he could blend in with the masses. Also, New York had already grown used to seeing the supernatural with the Umbrella Academy right around the corner. Luca found it strange they had similar stories to him, and the same birthday, and the same acquisition of supernatural powers. The academy intrigued him but it had been long shut down before he arrived. He didn't even know what the children looked like nor did he care to research where they were presently.

* * *

That same night, Luca attended a local underground nightclub. The music was blaring so loud that the vibrations could be felt by Luca's soles on the ground. People were sweaty and jumping around like madmen; at first it was quite overwhelming to Luca, but once he took a couple of shots at the bar, he felt at ease. He even joined the crowd in their dancing and, after a while, ended up being so squashed in the midst of the mosh pit that his hands were traveling all sorts of strangers' skin.

One stranger in particular had caught his attention. He had a smudged out eyeliner tracing his eyeballs and an unconventional goatee. His fashion choices were questionable, but his state of mind seemed to match his disorganized attire of flip flops and fur coat. He seemed to be having a wonderful time at the club and seemed to be high on some strong drug.

Luca made his way over to him and asked him: "what's your name?"

"Klaus." He answered by shouting over the music.

Luca smiled at him mischievously and Klaus caught the hint. Klaus slithered his hands up Luca's chest up to the back of his head where his fingers laced into his blond hair. Klaus was only a few inches taller than Luca, giving him the advantage of pulling Luca into himself for a kiss rather than having to reach for one himself.

Luca felt the stranger's soft lips melt into his own, tasting a bit of the leftover edibles Klaus seemed to have left on his tongue. When they parted, Luca smirked up at Klaus with his alluring blue eyes enticing Klaus, Luca leaned over to whisper in Klaus' ear: 'Let's get out of here.' Klaus obliged, very willingly, and followed Luca out of the club and to his apartment nearby.

* * *

The next morning, Luca's head felt like a skillet had been slammed against it. A loud ringing pain, one that disallowed anyone to focus, rang out in his ears. Luca groaned and rolled over on his own soft bed, but found himself falling off of the bed. He realized he hadn't slept on his usual side— the left side, it was always the left side— and when he rolled over to the right, he had fallen off.

The fall actually help him shake off some of the headache gifted to him from all of the colorful drinks he absorbed from the night before. Luca huffed and lifted himself off of the cold tile. And when he was finally eye level with the edge of his bed, he saw him. The boy. Luca almost let out a shriek. He had thought the boy would've left by then. It was how most one night stands happened. But, no. The boy was laying there with a large grin crossing his face as he looked upon Luca.

"Klaus—" Luca began as he rubbed his temple.

"I saw that." Klaus chuckled, pointing out Luca's fall.

Luca's face grew red from embarrassment, but Klaus thought it was cute. "You didn't leave?"

"Why would I? Your bed is so soft." Klaus lied. The true reason why Klaus didn't leave was because he wasn't about to let someone as hot as Luca become a mere memory in his long list of one night stands.

Luca chuckled. "You want breakfast?" Luca asked.

Klaus raised a finger. "Only if I get to know who Luca really is."

Luca snorted. "Complicated."

"That makes two of us! Look, we have so much in common already." Klaus snickered, jumping out of bed to go grab breakfast.