five

The next days moved pretty slow

I barely saw Harry, he never saw me.

He made it his mission to stay out of my way and I never once glanced at him, neither purposely nor by accident.

That was all going relatively well, that was, until Monday rolled around.

A lot happened on that Monday.

A new week had come and apparently a new Harry came along with it, the troubled quiet boy coming with what appeared to be a vengeance that day.

I basically lost all my shit when I saw how angry he was.

My friends and I spotted him in the hallway on our way to class and questioning glances ensued.

It was plain terrifying to see him so enraged.

In fact, it was plain terrifying to see him be anything BUT bored. It was both scary and fascinating to think someone like him could do something so human. I mean, obviously he was just as much of a person as everyone else around him, but what made it so frightening was the fact that he never made anyone aware of that fact.

He never once made himself look vulnerable, open, irate.

He never once slipped up-

but that Monday, he did.

Here was the bored boy who went out of his way to avoid everyone. The boy who breathed nonchalance like his religion, standing before this footballer with a sudden wrath that left pit bulls whimpering. Pissed as ever, ready to pound this entire boy's face in for God knows what.

A crowd formed in the hallway as he gripped the football player's shirt.

His balled fists pounded him into the lockers with a loud crash each time, the squint in his eyes and enraged look on his face making him seem like he was out for blood.

I stood there, wondering, waiting, almost URGING him to throw the first punch.

In fact, the crowd of people stood there for so long, the concept of him fighting seemed next to impossible.

The minute everyone thought he was finally about to make a move, he paused.

He looked at the fright in the boy's eyes and I don't know what, but something in him snapped.

He stopped himself.

His signature scowl made its debut again, before he cleared his throat and mumbled the words, "not worth it," and let him go.

He then managed to disappear into the crowd of disappointed people, might I add, who really had their hearts set on seeing Harry give the quarterback a piece of his mind.