Not Starved, Just Desperate

Requested by: @user55228046

(This is kinda just me projecting bcs im so touch starved that I literally thrive on the smallest things)

Peter wasn't necessarily starved of touch, he was just a little bit lacking in that area and sometimes he'd get desperate for the smaller things.

Because sure, sometimes he wouldn't see much of Aunt May other than in passing and him and Ned aren't much for physical attention because Ned's really self-conscious about it, and Peter's never really pushed him on it.

Because sure, he literally thrives on people brushing past him in the hallways or the occasionally touches he gets from Tony when they numb into each other in the lab.

But he's not starved. He's just a little bit lacking in that department.

*

It's been a bad week for him in that department. May's been working overnight shifts at the hospital lately, meaning Peter only sees her briefly before she leaves her work and all she gives him is a kiss on the forehead.

And Ned's been sick for most of the week so the only touches he's gotten are aggressive ones from patrolling. And that's really not feeling great right now. But he's not one to bother anyone else for it, so he bottles up the overwhelming loneliness from the lack of physical contact and continues on like he's okay. Because of course he's okay.

"Hey, Peter? Are you doing okay? You look sick," MJ says, more concern to her monotone voice than Peter's ever heard.

"I'm fine," Peter grumbles. So yeah, the lack of physical affection has made him a little more irritable. He sighs, softening his voice and letting a light smile touch his face. "I'm fine."

"Do you..." MJ takes a long, suffered breath. "Do you want a hug?"

"What?" Peter says, head perking up from the lunch table.

She rolls her eyes. "You seem really tense and you've always liked hugs."

"That would be nice. Thanks," Peter murmurs, standing as the bell rings. MJ comes around the table and wraps her long arms around the boy's waist.

Peter immediately slumps against MJ, arms winding around her shoulders and letting his forehead fall against her shoulder.

"You are really tense. I know we're not really friends like that, but if you need anything, you can always come to me," MJ offers, pulling away with a light smile.

Peter automatically wants to swoon back into the touch, already desperate for more. In all honesty, he probably needs hours of cuddling just to make him happy, but this is a start.

He's got the jnternship in just a few more days. He can manage on the little touches like the brushing of hands and proud shoulder touches. He can manage.

*

Tony cancels their internship night due to some complications with the company that he needs to sort out through long, tedious meetings.

And Peter can manage. Of course he can.

Just because he's been practically asking to get beat up on patrol, doesn't mean anything towards how desperate he is for a hug.

Ned's still away and MJ's been nice but obviously uncomfortable, so Peter's never asked her for another hug. And May's still picking up overnight shifts and even extra hours lately, so she's always sleeping whenever Peter gets to see her or she's on her way in or out.

So maybe he's feeling a little bit more than just lacking. A little bit more than a want and more of a need.

He's irritable and bordering on angry whenever things go wrong and sure, maybe he wraps his arms around himself to try to pretend to be hugged. And sure, he sleeps with way too many pillows, stealing them from everywhere around the house to make him feel less alone. And sure, some days he cries out of frustration at the littlest of things, but he wouldn't say he's starved.