26. Saviour

I'm in a relationship.

That's so odd to say. I'm still coming to terms with it.

After Holden had asked me, I was a little stumped, but then I realised that he was a really sweet guy and I would probably be an idiot to say no to a guy like him.

The moment that I had said yes, the grin that came over his face was adorable. He looked so happy, I really wondered how much he actually liked me and how long he wanted this for.

I really didn't know much about Holden, but I knew that he was a good guy.

There was the little factor of my feelings for Liam, where I may possibly be in love with him. However, as the days go by, it's sinking in more and more, that he's not mine.

Liam is happy and in a relationship with Julie. The sooner that I learned to accept, understand and realise this, it will be easier on my mind and my heart.

He's not mine and never will be, that's just a fact that I'll have to accept, and I am trying to.

In a weird way, because I actually spend a lot time with Julie and because we've become closer friends, it's helping me to accept my own unrequited love.

Whenever I see her happy or with Liam, there is a bit of hurt, but then there's also that knowledge that they're happy. My friends are happy, as they should be.

Besides, maybe I'll have those feelings again for Holden.

I really don't want to hurt him, in fact that's the last thing that I'd ever want to do. I'll admit that I have never really seen him in a romantic light, but I've have noticed how great he is.

Plus, it would be kind of nice to have someone who likes me for change.

I think I could really like Holden.

We had out first not long after he'd asked me out. He took me bowling and although I sucked, he didn't mock me about it. Holden bought the food too, refusing to let me pay for anything. However, there was an adjoining, small arcade area too, where I won a keyring and gave that to him.

During the date, I felt happy.

Over the next weeks, I continued to feel the same genuine happiness.

Holden and I still haven't had our first kiss yet. I feel terrible that I'm taking this extremely slow, and this probably isn't easy for him either, but I just want to be sure about myself, him, us and everything in between, before I kiss him.

We both deserve that.

It's also my first kiss and it does mean something to me.

There was another positive, ripple effect after Holden finally opened his mouth and asked me out.

Everyone seemed to have plucked up the courage and began asking each other out in our group, pretty much coupling up.

Sara actually asked Danny out. Or more like told him they were going to go out - which wasn't much of a shocker.

We had gone out to eat and another girl began to flirt with Danny. Of course, Sara didn't have the nicest reaction. She chose to literally pushed her out the way, declaring that Danny was 'her man.' Sara told Danny, she was done hiding away from her feelings and that she liked him. This caused Danny to kiss her, there and then. We were all ecstatic about it and it was the first day I actually saw Sara blush.

Unfortunately for Andre, things didn't go as smoothly with Mel. He tried to ask her out and she gave a firm no. This happened multiple times. He's convinced that at some point, he'll win her over. I'm actually rooting for him. Mel's a tough cookie on the outside, but even she had a soft heart, just got to see how long it takes Andre to crack through.