Chapter Nineteen.

I stood in front of Sweet Pea, his arms around my shoulders as we chatted to Fangs and Jughead, catching up and talking about potential baby names. 

"I think you should call the baby Jug, because you know I'm the brother you never had." Jughead winked at me as I just shook my head laughing.

"Yeah but I'm the actually potential blood-brother so I feel like you should call the baby Fangs in honour of me." Fangs smirked making both Sweet Pea and I crack up laughing, the two of them continued bickering on as Sweet Pea leant down and kissed the top of my head whispering to only me.

"If it were up to me I'd call them Dani-Pea. It's a mix of both of our names and that's what this baby is." I turned around when Sweet Pea said this to see if he was being serious and he actually was.

"Babe I love you but there's no way we are calling our child our 'ship' name from Kevin. It's not happening." I leant up and kissed him softly to stop the pouting that was about to occur.

"Gosh darn it, we may just have to have another baby so I can name them Dani-Pea, or maybe I'll just call them that as their nickname." Sweet Pea joked as he poked his tongue out at me, I shook my head as a response and held a smile on my face before turning back around and resuming our previous position. 

Jughead and Fangs were now playfully arguing about the female versions of their names coming up with: Juggine, Jugith, Fareng and Fangsington to name a few. Honestly there were worst names that I wouldn't have wished on my worst enemy but it was good to see them talking about something over than wars, death and violence. 

I looked up as FP stood on the small hand-made stage near the river, Cheryl and Toni stepped closer too us, both of their smiles were larger than I had ever seen them and it honestly made my heart smile at the two of them. Every time I saw 'Choni', yeah we are now referring to them as their couple name all thanks to Kevin, I couldn't help but smile. They fit each other as perfectly as Sweet Pea and I did and that right there was true love. 

"Listen up now!" FP shouted in order to get everyone's full attention, it pulled me out of my daydream as I looked up once more. "Hey listen up! Some sixty years ago, the very first Serpent meeting took place on these same riverbanks. It makes sense that this is where we gather now and where I..." His voice halted as he took a deep breath in, making eye contact with Jug before nodding and continuing. 

"Where I say my goodbye. Jughead would you step up here son." Shock filled my body at the fact that our king was stepping down but I was also so incredibly proud of Jughead for what was about to occur. Jughead had confusion written all over his face as he sat and stared at FP unable to process what was actually going on. 

"Dad what are you doing?" Jughead asked softly as he stood up on the stage next to FP.

"What I should have done a long time ago." FP patted Jughead on the back before speaking loudly to all of us again.

"I'm retiring from the Serpents! For real this time." There was a small commotion as everyone looked at each other both confused and surprised, after all of these years FP was retiring completely. "Wow wow wow. My boy; my boy has never stopped fighting for this crew. Hell he almost died for it. That's why I'm giving you the mantle." Cheers erupted from all of us as everyone smiled at the Jones men on stage. 

Cheryl and Toni stepped closer to the stage making me quite confused but I brushed it off as I continued clapping for both Jughead and FP. Sweet Pea cheered softly and hit Fangs in the stomach instinctively making Fangs flinch completely in pain. 

"Sweets you are a bloody idiot he was shot four weeks ago remember?" I smiled at him as I shook my head at his forgetfulness.

"Oh shit dude I'm so sorry! Here have a drink." Sweet Pea apologised to Fangs as he handed him a new cup of beer only making the both of us smile before paying attention to the stage once more.