five

doyoung's point of view

later that night, i was alone in the bedroom, jihoon was still showering and i was staring blankly at the floor.

i looked at my left, there was a mirror. i was staring at myself, my soul. i stood up and walked towards the mirror.

i sighed and closed my eyes. my vision went black as the countdown timer was shown.

 my vision went black as the countdown timer was shown

i opened my eyes with a sigh. why does it have to be like this? why do i need to see this?

i heard the door unlock and it was jihoon. he looked like he was ready to go out. "where are you going?" i asked.

"yunseo invited me to his party, why?" he asked as he combed his hair. i frowned when i saw the black shadow suddenly appear behind him.

my heart raced faster for some reason. something will happen. i closed my eyes and looked at jihoon's direction.

the countdown timer started as i my frown grew larger. i opened my eyes once again to see jihoon picking out a hoodie to wear.

my vision went blurry for a moment as i saw jihoon on the road, trying to cross the street. when he attempts to cross the road, a truck suddenly hit him.

i gasped loudly as jihoon looked at me, panting. "doyoung, are you okay?" he asked. i looked at jihoon who was concerned.

"wait. just...stand there." i closed my eyes again as the countdown timer was there.

the glitch

the glitch. jihoon's timer glitched. i opened my eyes as he was just standing there, dumb-founded. "j-jihoon," i stuttered.

"don't go to the party." jihoon replied with a frown "what? why?" he asks "just please...listen to me!" i begged.

"no, doyoung. i'll be back soon." jihoon let go of my shoulder "jihoon! i'm begging you, please stay!" i half-shouted.

jihoon fell silent as he shook his head "you're going to die, jihoon!" i shouted "you're going to die when you walk out of this house! do you understand me?"

jihoon was silent "your timer says you only have twelve seconds left! do you hear me? twelve seconds, jihoon!"

"i don't want you to die, jihoon. i just..." tears came through as jihoon hugged me, comforting me. my heart was pounding so fast.

i closed my eyes. i felt relieved from what i saw.

 i felt relieved from what i saw

i sobbed as jihoon comforted me. there was loud truck horn that was on fast speed. that truck almost killed jihoon, my bestfriend.

"i'm sorry, doyoung. i-i...i should've listened to you." jihoon lets go of the hug as he wiped my tears.

"thank you, doyoung." he gave a small smile "f-for w-what?" i replied "for saving my life."

"if i was stubborn and did not listen to you, i might be dead." he continued to wipe my tears away.

i hugged him tight again and he comforted my back.

-
dohoon yall uwu