➳ A Lead ➳

Her purple coated fingernails tapped against the desk impatiently. Her leg bounced nervously as the two men entered the room, dressed to kill in their everyday work suit attire. Her lip slid across her bottom lip and she flinched when the sound of a chair scraping against the floor echoed around the silent room. The two men stared down at her, lips pressed together tightly. When they had finally taken a seat, Detective Min linked his hands and rested them on top of the cold surface. 

"Miss Moon, a pleasure to meet you. I'm Detective Min and this is my partner Song. We've been informed that you have some information regarding the case of Kim Chaehyun." The way he spoke sent chills down her spine. Was she really ready to jeopardize her own family for the sake of somebody she didn't know? Of course, she knew he had a family that wanted him home but her family would be torn apart after this, but at the end of the day, a crime is a crime and a boys life is at risk. So, she nodded her head.

"Yes, I uh-I do." 

Min smiled, trying to seem as friendly as possible meanwhile, Song flipped open his notes and twirled the pen in his hand. Moon sighed and looked down at her hands which were visibly shaking in her lap. Noticing her hesitation, Min leaned forwards slightly causing her to look up at him, alarmed. The slightest movement startled her, she must have been extremely nervous. 

"It's okay, take your time. This can be a daunting experience, but I must say that if you know more than you are willing to tell us, then its vital that you push yourself and reveal the whole truth of what you know. Every fact down to the smallest detail, a boys life is at risk and we needed anything and everything we can to get him back." His tone was soft but the sternness to it made her think twice about everything she was about to say.

After a few moments, Moon nodded. 

"Okay...I believe my younger sister is in connections with Chaehyun's parents. I believe the three of them have been planning this for a while and are all responsible for his disappearance." Her chest felt tight, she had just dropped her sister in a load of trouble, but she couldn't bring it in her to stop. The story needed to be told. "My younger sister has been obsessed with Chaehyun for a very long time. We didn't think much of it at first until she attacked another girl - her best friend - for stating that he was her 'bias' or favourite, whatever they call it. That's when we noticed that she was a little bit more obsessed than we thought. We tried telling her to cut down on watching these videos about him, just spend more time doing something else and for a while, she made us believe that she had done exactly that. Until I found out from a friend of hers that she had been sending Chaehyun threatening and disgusting gifts. I think one was a dead rose with insects? I have no idea. But it was disgusting. I tried to convince my parents to get her sent away or just to see someone but they refused. I couldn't do anything." 

There was a pause, Moon's eyes stayed on the table in front of her, wide and dazed as she thought back to the past events which lead her to this exact moment. She knew her sister was going to get taken away, whether that was to an institution for the mentally sick or jail. Either way, she was aware of the consequences of her sister's actions and she couldn't help but feel guilty about being partly happy for it. With her sister locked away, possibly receiving the help she needs, no one would get harmed with her around. It was for the best. 

Moon cleared her throat. "I had no control over anything, my parents protect her constantly and I couldn't stop this obsession she had. A month ago, when the accident happened with Chaehyun - the car crash, I found messages on her laptop and a plan. She had been talking to somebody called Kim Sooyeon, which I believe is Chaehyun's mother. I don't know how she managed to get in contact with his parents, but she did and they wanted her to cause this accident. They promised her...they promised her a future with Chaehyun if she did what they asked of her well, I say 'they' but I mean the Mother. My sister heard the word 'future' and she was on board immediately, that's what the messages say anyway. They planned for the kidnapping to happen straight after the accident whilst Chaehyun was unconscious in the car but I think Chaehyun was awake or his driver was? I-I don't know the details...anyway, the messages stopped after the planning of Chaehyun's kidnapping, like they just halted. One day, I came home from work, went to check up on Ji woo and she was...gone. A note left stating that she just needed to clear her head and that's it. I checked her computer for more details, messages with her friends to see if she mentioned where she was going but nothing. That's when I found the messages." 

Min nodded his head, taking a second to process the information. So, they knew that he was in London, his mother and a sasaeng possibly had something to do with it, there's footage of him and witnesses. So, why the hell had';t they found him yet? Min rubbed his hands over his face tiredly and sighed, taking a glance at Song's notes. 

"When did the messages date back to?" He asked and Moon leaned back in her chair, feeling the weight lift off her shoulders with the information now out in the open. 

"They dated back to two months ago." 

"We will need to take her computer for evidence, we appreciate your input. We will call you back for further questioning soon so stick around town. Thank you, Miss Moon. You're free to go." 

With the newfound information, the police were now able to look into the two possible suspects. Moon Jiwoo and Kim Sooyeon. Seated at his computer, Min had been doing research on Jiwoo alone for the past hour and then it was time for Sooyeon. She had been arrested many times in the past and her hair colour matched the one of the woman caught leaving the alleyway with Chaehyun. 

Min smirked to himself, zooming in on her face. 

"Gotcha." 

_________________

You have no idea how hard this was to write, I have been gathering ideas all last night and finally, it is written. I miss writing with Chaehyun like, in the chapter, I miss him? 😂 But this mini little drama series is almost over and then he will be back...or will he? 😏 Anyway, thank you for reading! I really hope you enjoyed. 

This was not proofread, I've had three hours sleep (mainly because I don't know how to sleep anymore 😂) so there will be mistakes or errors

Thank you for all of your support!! 

You are appreciated ♡

- Blue x