12•Algebra 101

Bree

I got up extra early cause I don't even want to deal with Ethan today, I'd rather take the taxi to school than get a ride from him. I'm still pissed because of last Friday night and I've been ignoring him since but he tries so hard, too bad I'm not easy to pleas.

He just let his anger out of me for no reason and that got me mad! He also cut my kissing short with Dace which was oh-so-good, his lips, mmmm his lips are so soft I can kiss them all day, I can imagine those lips travelling over my- getting off track here. I'm just saying that he seemed pissed when he saw me with Dace. I understand that Ethan might've caught feelings but I don't see him in that perspective. Not to be a total bitch but all I can see is he's just a friend with a bit of benefits.

I grabbed my bag right after I finished curling my hair and made my way out the loft as I called in a taxi, waiting for me outside.

"Where are we heading miss?" the driver asked.

"Stanford please," I sighed, looking outside the window. The taxi drove off and I just watched the scenery of my neighborhood which I barely know anyone.

Ethan is a chill guy and a nice friend if you're asking me, he filled me in most of the time I need him or someone and it satisfies me. He's a shoulder you can cry on so I guest I'm treating him like my best friend. I don't want to put him in the friend zone but who am I kidding? Ethan is a flirt and he flirts with girls, it's not possible that he likes me, does he?

"Thanks," my head wandered off for the whole drive to not realize that we were inside the campus. I handed the guy a twenty dollar bill and told him to keep the change as I get out the taxi and walked towards the huge library of the campus.

I have a couple minutes to spare so I looked at my schedule and it says here, algebra in lecture 10. Oh great I have algebra then I have chemistry this afternoon in lecture 28. I have two classes today and sure will I have fun.

"Look at Ms. Pretty face, why're you alone? You're not supposed to be alone, let me give you company," Melvin sat down across from me and I smiled at him, glancing down my phone. What's with them calling me names that start with pretty?

"What're you doing here?" I asked curiously and he lifted up his books.

"Studying. Anyways, Dace said you left early last Friday, he was all happy sappy and his smile was shining," Melvin said and I moved my gaze to him, quirking a brow. "I'm just curious, what'd you guys do?" he asked with interest in his voice and my mouth curved into a smirk.

"Ask your best friend," I said smartly and his brows rose up.

"C'mon Bree, we don't kiss n tell so I can't really ask him," he told me. So they don't kiss n tell huh? interesting.

"Well I don't kiss n tell either," I retorted back and he huffed out a breath.

"That means something did happen and I'll figure it out soon." Melvin said with determination and I chuckled. I looked at the time and it's quarter to ten so I grabbed my shoulder purse and stood up.

"I'll have to go to class, do you have any classes right now?" I asked him and he shook his head, standing up as well.

"I'll walk you," he told me and I have him a wide smile. Awe! How sweet of him.

"Is there anything I need to know about your friends?" I questioned and Melvin scratched the back of his ear.

"Uhm... well Dace, he's mostly an open book but I know his secrets, he had a rough past that made him who he is now so be gentle with him, but not too gentle. He's really out there and if he likes a girl, he let's them know or I can see it in his face," he smirked towards me and my cheeks heat up, tucking my hair behind my ears.