Chapter Three

The roar of Ohm's engine through the Grand Senora Desert at nearly midnight was eerie. He was silent in his car as he sat alone. That uncontrollable laugh had been silenced by concentration as his eyes stayed focused on the road, looking for any light aside from that of his own car that symbolized the presence of the cargo truck that held his key to everlasting companionship. Somewhere close by, but out of sight, Satt and Max followed, ready to act on whatever improvisation Ohm may run into. No plan? No problem.

Ohm spotted a long line of headlight running down an empty freeway. It was time.

He pulled onto the freeway and his foot slowly pushed the gas pedal down until it was flat on the floor. Max and Satt finally came into view and followed with the same speed behind the mastermind. The cargo truck rolled on the road with two IAA agent cars behind it and another two in front. Satt sped upfront and knocked one of the front running cars off the road and Max took one from behind, catching the convoy off guard. Gunfire began to ring through Ohm's ears, but he didn't make a move, he let Satt and Max nudge at the bumpers of the remaining agent cars until they too veered off the road. The driver of the cargo truck was sure they'd knock him next, or at least start shooting if they had guns, but nothing happened. The three cars that had just knocked his protection out of the way continued down the freeway as if none of it had happened. Then, he entered a round tunnel.

Ohm's car began to speed up as Max slowed down. When the cargo truck was a decent distance in front of him, Max's speed, again, increased as it seemed as though he intended to ram the cargo truck. Meanwhile, Ohm pulled his car to the very edge of the tunnel wall and let his wheels drag on the curvy wall. In no time at all, his speed allowed him to drive on side of the tunnel wall and, soon after, the roof. Max runs his car under the cargo truck and throws it in the air. Ohm rounds his car back onto the street, directly under the truck, catching it on his roof, bu not for long. He makes a sharp right turn, throws the truck off of the roof of his car and onto its side. It dragged on the tar, making a sound that would be uncomfortable to anyone's ears. Not everything had been improvised.

When the truck came to a halt on its side in the street, Ohm slowed his car and stopped beside it. He hopped out, kicked the double doors on the back that fell off easily thanks to the damage already done to the entire truck, and rummaged through the contents in search of his device. And he found it in the form of a red handgun.

The driver of the truck, still alive, kicked the passenger's window through and climbed out. He turned his attention to the back of his truck where a man with a giant red sock on his head starred fixedly on a red handgun held tightly in his hand. What was he going to tell him superiors? A man with a red sock on his head made everyone crash out? Everyone would think he was high and regardless of how true that may have been, he didn't think it had anything to do with what he was seeing. However, he wouldn't have to worry about that for his lucid thoughts had sealed his fate. He looked up and found the red sock man closer to him than before with a steal pipe held tightly in his grip. Then, the last words he heard before the pipe sent him into a sudden unconsciousness were the red sock man's growl of, "Don't worry about it. I only want to play."