Chapter 8

.....

His breathing became shallow as she woke of sleep slowly leaves me. To be honest, I didn't trust myself falling asleep with a vamp at my side yet I kept my eyes closed, feeling the light touch of his fingers playing my hair strands still. It was oddly calming but I distaste it. I felt how my body tensed.

The pain in my neck became known once again it slowly pulsed with heat gaining my attention. The heat slowly appears like it was painfully crawling in the area. I bit my bottom lip, ignoring all that is focusing on not making a sound, but soon it all but disappeared completely vanish.

"I know you're awake, ", his smooth voice breaks through the thick silence, causing my heart to jump by the sudden whisper. My eyes hastily snapped open, meeting his red ones, the amuse shining through.

"Is the floor that comfortable that you wish to leave the bed" he chuckled softly, sticking closer to my side still with his finger twirl a strand. I decided to keep silent for I didn't want to speak to this creature of a man if anything I don't know what will happen if I do. A bite mark from a vampire can mean many things even more why I had to suppress my anger.

I look away from him finding interest at my hands, a powerless mystic only had her mouth, such disappointment for a queen.

"I've been waiting 2,000 years for you, my bride..." He spoke gently breaking the suffocating silence. I made no reaction lost to my thought of his words, it didn't make much sense to me, yet stupidly of I not to know vampires are immortal beings.

"..... you have no idea how hard it was knowing I was right there but you...." he continued but immediately stopped, he had my attention now releasing my strand as he stood. Something told me he didn't want to say any further. Knowingly I felt I heard those words before, a sudden feeling of chills replace my warmth. I stared at his back, now standing in front of the bed yet the darkness seems to cover him, something about what he said had my attention.

"What were you going to say?" I asked softly questioning right after everything soak in my mind.

"Kid?" I called out after a few minutes but no answer, I wasn't stupid enough to walk into that darkness one thing I know about this realm is that when a non-vampire walks towards it they become the darkness forever but there is no escaping it considering that this world is cover in darkness, but although he didn't answer I could feel his eyes boring in my soul.

"Kid? my lady don't let looks deceive you" his voice whispers, almost as an echo around the room.

"VIXTON" I yelled not liking what was happening. I felt my body being pushed. I was pinned down without a second to register, I felt icy cold lips touch my own his. I know this is wrong but his lips are so right, it is so wrong.

I forcefully push him away with a hard kick he flies across the room "don't fucking touch me" I spoke out of breath, roughly wiping my lips, it was absolute fear of being bitten again crawl at my skin. I push myself further to the wall knowing what I did will cost me "you made him angry" a sing-song voice whispers in my mind.

Although I didn't hear a crash, he let out a dangerous growl. Searching the darkness that seems even more suffocating, I couldn't spot him. Suddenly I felt the hold around my neck, the tightening of a handheld me captive. I instantly brought my hand to my neck, as the pickle of tears began to come to the corners of my eyes.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do, your fucking mine all of you is mine" he said dangerously close to my ear, his hand holding firmly around my neck. His hot breath brush my cheek the shivers ran down my spine even as he calmly spoke it was threatening "Your my wife, sooner or later you'll learn to respect me, my dearest Cleo"

The intensity didn't help with how fast my heart was beating, I release a sarcastic chuckle "sorry to disappoint but the wife thing is not for me, why don't you go harass someone who is willing" I said along with a hum, this wasn't getting me anywhere. His hand held me in place as his breath still brush my cheeks. I felt him tense with anger but I was even angrier, how dear he thinks he can own me. I Cleo am nobody's property, the vast image of being a vampire's wife left the settlement of fear.

Vampires are dangerous beings who feed on selected victims for blood. It's even worse, once you marry a Vampire they will use and abuse you for blood until you die, mainly their only wish is to kill you. I might be blindly captivated at one point in my childhood, by the forever soulmate thing. That was only the talk of a naive girl speaking of mocking love of the supernatural world. After all, they are cursed beings who are doomed to live in the shadows forever.

The strange sound of a chuckle broke through the silence it held amusement but soon he stopped "I can always teach you, love" he said in a soft voice teasing with clear amusement. I felt my heart spike in beats, the heat forming on my cheeks proves my blush. I glared meeting his red orbs it's captivating with the swirl of green pigment hidden behind his red. I almost didn't feel him move to toss me without a second thought on the bed. My breathing stuck in my throat from the sudden action I began to choke feeling his presence just in front of me.

His red eyes shone more in the dark I knew his eyes were on me burning with intensity. I glance at him seeing his body moving slowly within the darkness. A vivid outline of his body disappeared just as the suffocating darkness move away.

After what felt like hours I started to move away from the Bedhead to a comfortable position. I blink away the stray tears before they could escape, it was too much. My powerless form couldn't feel any way but terrified at all the madness. It felt like just hours ago I was sitting on my throne laughing with Elise with a cold John at our side. I trace my fingers along my neck, a hissed of pain made its way past my lips. It felt bruised to the touch I didn't have to see it to know it was a nasty bruise.

I buried my face into to pillow calming my racing heart at the events that took place. I didn't care where he disappeared to I hope he doesn't come back. I cautiously lift my hand twirling my fingers in the attempt to used magic, the low glow of a blue flame came but went out.

'It was useless'

                                                                      ...............

Meanwhile, in the far part of the kingdom hidden far from the chambers was the room of the Vampire with evil intentions. Already started his plan he sat in the dark of his office with only the low flame of a single candle, Bane Nox, he knows all and can tell all but one thing he doesn't know ..... is of the beauty living behind closed doors protected by magic which hides the unseen truth.

He smirks as the candle cast his face to one of horror, his little game was beginning. The humans had given them all they needed, the blood of the pure.

"1, 2, 3 and they all fell down," he said lowly looking upon the moon with that familiar smirk.