Chapter 17

I JUMPED AHEAD TWO MONTHS YOU GUYS!!!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Cameron POV

"Since I'm going to sign Maddy up for school, and having lunch with our mothers today, I packed you some lunch." Aleyah says handing me a bag. "You're gonna love it babe!" she smiles. Everything with Aleyah has been absolutely PERFECT. The whole divorce crap is over and everything has been perfect since my birthday two months ago. We even went to Florida two weeks ago to Disney Land for Maddy's fourth birthday. I can't believe the improvement our relationship has made.

"Aw thanks baby. What is it?"

"Don't open it until lunch. And I want you to call me after you're done." she smiles. She had this beautiful glow to her lately.

"Okay babe, as you wish. Kiss Maddy and Nolan for me whenver they wake up. And I really wish I could join you in signing her up for 4K."

"It's alright baby, I'll tell you all about it when you call me after your lunch."

"Alright, well I will call you in a little darling. Don't let our mothers rub off on you too much."

"I won't." she laughs following me to the door, and opens it for me. "Behave."

"You know I will baby. I love you." I kiss her.

"I love you too." she smiles shutting the door behind me. See? Perfect!

"Mr. Phillips you have a meeting with Theo McClintock in less than five minutes. Your father called and requested you send him records immediately."

"Oh boy." I take a sip of my coffee as we board the elevator.

"Your mom sent you a list of things she wants you to get her for her birthday and she said to make sure you don't remind her of her age, and she will be sure to act surprised. Aleyah told me to remind you about your lunch and to call her right after. She needs you to pick Maddy up from dance class right after work because she will be with Rayna for dinner, and Nolan will be with Aleyah's parents."

"Thank you Mindy. If you don't mind, pick up those gifts, and go onto my laptop and you can send my Dad those records. This meeting might last til lunch."

"No problem sir." She turns on her heels as I walk into the meeting room.

"Mr. McClintock," I shake hands with him. He was a black man, pretty buff to be pushing fifty, as I read in his portfolio. "Sorry for running a little late."

"No problem, Mr. Phillips, I would like you to meet my daughter in law. This is Stacy. She is my assistant and I never make a deal without her." he steps aside revealing a goddess. My mouth went dry for a second. She tall and skinny, probably played basketball in high school. Light skinned, and brown and black hair. Her black pencil skirt complimented her long shiny legs.

"Hello Mr. Phillips, I have read great things about your business, and I look forward to working with you if my father in law approves." she nods shaking my hand.

"Thank you, and please call me Cameron." I smile. I didn't wanna seem like I was flirting because I wasn't, but this girl is absolutely stunning. She's no Aleyah, because quite frankly no girl could ever compare, but she was stunning. I pull out her chair for her. "Thank you."

"Alright," I sit down. "Let's get right to it." the whole time we discussed the statistics of Phillips Inc, and how they would benefit from becoming an ally of mine.

"Back in Texas, we didn't have-"

"Wait y'all are from Texas?"

"Yes we are." Mr. McClintock says.