3.1 || Explosive Rage

NOTHING COULD COMPARE to when blue engulfed everything. The clear blue sky reflected off the water, making it seem like blue surrounded him. Calm and cool, just like the breeze that brushed past his face. The only interruption to his peace came from the relentless sun that beat against his back.

His lips twitched. He could easily fix the heat.

Something tucked against his back, and he angled downward. His stomach lurched as he plummeted toward the water. He sliced through the air, excitement growing the further down he went. Laughter bubbled up within his chest. He hadn't felt this alive for so long.

"Thysia."

The world pitched. Josh jolted upright as his rump smacked back down onto a hard seat. The blue had been replaced by grey leather and the whistling wind by the rev of an engine. A backpack rested on his lap.

He was on the school bus.

"Sorry about that," a gruff voice said over a few grumbles.

"Joe says sorry, but we both know he'll hit that bump again tomorrow," an amused voice said beside Josh. "On the plus side, nice to see you awake."

Josh yawned and stretched. "How long have you been on the bus?" He pushed off the last bits of sleep and twisted to face Tom.

Tom huffed. "Well, considering we're almost to the high school... You were really Sleeping Beauty this morning."

"Always knew you thought I was beautiful." Josh grinned as he readjusted himself in his seat. He peeked out the window. Sure enough, the bus approached the last hill before the school.

"Ha-ha. You're hilarious, Josh. And yes, I'm just being sarcastic," Tom added when Josh opened his mouth. "I don't get why you're so tired. You left me alone last night at ten."

"I didn't leave you alone." Josh rolled his eyes. "You still had Billy and Wolfy."

Tom glowered. It was all Josh could do to smother his laughter. Tom looked as if Josh had kicked his puppy or something. "Billy got dragged away by his girlfriend while Wolfy practically played on the other team. I swear he gave them twenty kills."

Josh snorted. "Sorry about that."

"I'm sure you are," Tom grumbled.

He was sorry—sorry he hadn't seen the hilarity in action. He didn't feel at all apologetic for leaving Tom for sleep, though. A week had passed, and Josh had been sleeping early after his eerie experience on the porch last Friday. Since then, the reoccurring dream and daydream craziness had faded. No more burning forests and no more potential voices in his head.

Instead, he'd been having another set of dreams, but these ones he knew and didn't try to creep into reality. Flying through the sky, bounding across lands, sometimes crushing pitiful little monsters—dreams he had once had as a kid but had faded over time. It was the kind of dream he had thought the burning forest dream would be.

Josh frowned. No, it wasn't exactly the same as his old dreams. Thysia. He had never heard a name in these dreams before. It sounded... familiar.

"You're still getting Regalia tonight, right?" Tom asked.

"What? Oh, yeah, I am," Josh said, pushing away his thoughts. He could try to figure the name thing out when he had nothing else to do, like during History. "Dad said we're going to the store after school. I'll get it then."

"Good." Tom paused as the bus came to a jerky stop in front of the high school. Every student stood almost as one. He didn't continue until they made it off the bus. "I was getting a bit tired waiting for you to get it. It came out Tuesday, and it's already Friday. Three whole nights behind the rest, you loser."