24 - Another birthday

What was Maddie thinking? The last thing she wanted was for Jack to go pick up some woman

What was Maddie thinking? The last thing she wanted was for Jack to go pick up some woman. What possessed her to tell Jack to get laid? She didn't want him with anyone else. She almost told him it wasn't fair to her heart, if he used her to get over Nicole. She said too much and was embarrassed. They had both said things, and some gave her hope, but others made her more confused. Suddenly they were walking on eggshells and they were getting closer to Emma's birthday and the anniversary to Nicole's death. She couldn't imagine marking both events on the same day. It was heartbreaking and worse because Jack was isolating himself.

It didn't surprise her when Jack never showed up to run on Emma's birthday.

Peter asked, "No Jack?"

"It's Emma's birthday."

"Oh." Peter understood the significance of the day. After a pause, he said, "I thought I've suffered, but not like Jack."

Peter cared about Jack, but he was also a man who knew loss. Luckily for him, he found his happiness. Maddie wondered if Jack would find his and what it would mean for her heart.

Jack and the girls were spending the day with both his and Nicole's parents. She was glad all the people, who loved Nicole and Emma, would be together. It was also the one place she didn't belong. After work, she left Emma's present on Jack's doorstep, knowing they were at the Harris' new condo. She included a note for Jack that read, Thinking of you today. I'm always here for you if you need to talk. She signed it simply, M.

She waited for him to contact her, but he didn't. The next morning it was raining, so she didn't see him and she didn't contact him either. It hurt her he didn't respond to her note. If he wanted space, she'd give it to him.

"It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I hate it

"It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I hate it."

Rory and Sam were alone on the beach. Rory sat with her head on his shoulder, and he had his arm around her.

Rory paused. "She's two. Sometimes I feel like she's been gone forever and other times it feels like it just happened."

"I know exactly what you mean," Sam whispered.