Ch.3 ~ Meeting

Kai's POV

I just turned 18 this morning and the best possible gift I have been given is that today my dad is going to be in a meeting with the alpha so I won't have to get that much of a beating, thank the goddess. I think the pack he is meeting with is The Dark Midnight, which is the strongest and biggest pack that I know of. The alpha is not a good person though, he is a player that is rude to anyone and everyone. If I'm correct I believe that his father had been trying to pass the title down to him but he still hasn't found his mate. These are the main things I've heard from the gossip that goes around in school.

I'm sure they are all just lies, he can't be that bad. I really dislike rumors and gossip since they are just that... rumors, not true. Even if they were true, everyone deserves a second chance and I'm sure that he is a great guy deep down, just stressed with the sudden weight basically thrown on his shoulders.

I'm on my way home from school when I notice my dad waiting outside. A wave of nerves rush through me worried that he is going to hurt me again. When I reach him he grabs me suddenly and yanks me toward him.

He glares at me and growls, "You are coming with me today. I don't want you thinking that you get a free day since I have a meeting."

I start to get more nervous once he says this. Being an omega, I'm not really good around alphas. Their strong, intimidating, and dominating aura makes me weak and vulnerable. My father knows this and is probably the reason he is forcing me to go with him. To watch me suffer in that kind of atmosphere. And since I can't argue with him I only nod my head.

"Good, now let's go wimp." He usually calls me a wimp because he knows I'm useless and weak. After so long of being called this, I have gotten pretty used to it, it's only a name anyway.

He yanks me toward the car and literally throws me in the back seat. The whole car ride is agonizingly slow and quiet. It takes 20 minutes to reach the pack house. Since my mom didn't like the idea of living in the pack house, being an omega, she decided to move us to a small rundown house as far away as my father allowed, seen as though he was the alphas beta. As we approached, my heart started racing due to anxiety knowing that my wolf is going to be on edge surrounded by alphas.

Damon's POV

I wake up only to remember that I have to go to a stupid meeting today in a few hours. I groan loudly at the thought of having to deal with this. As I started to get ready, in my suit that I always wear at meetings, I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I stated.

In comes Andrew already in his suit and ready to go. "Sir, I am here to remind you that the meeting is in 2 hours and before we leave we need to go to the pack house to gather a few others for extra protection." He says in his monotone voice that I have grown to find so robotic, like the voice you hear when you call a store and they list all the possibilities you could be calling for before you plug in the number they say is for which option.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I'll be done in 10 minutes. You can leave now." I say bothered by his lingering presence.

"Yes sir." He says before leaving, closing the door on his way out. Ugh finally some peace and quiet while I get ready.

~~~~~~~~

Andrew, a few other pack members, and I are on our way to The Blue Hill pack house when I get a phone call from my mother. He tends to call me before I go on meetings to see how I am and if I remember everything dad tells me.

"Yes mother?" I answer the second I pick up the phone.

"Oh honey, how are your doing?" He asks, clearly on the verge of another break down.

"I'm fine mom, I'm actually on my way to a meeting right now so I can't talk too long." I state matter of factly since we were almost there and I didn't know abt to hear another one of his lectures.

"Oh, well then I will let you go and do your thing, talk to you later. Remember everything your father has told you. Love you." He is probably upset that I can't talk for long but that's not my problem .

"I love you too. I will call you when I have finished." I say not really wanting to call but whatever.

"Ok honey. Let me know when you find your mate. I really want some grandkids." Right after he said grandkids he starts laughing like he just said the funniest thing. I honestly don't understand.

"Yeah yeah I'll let you know. Goodbye mom." I say before hanging up. By the time I finished the phone call, we were just pulling into the packs territory. I look over at Andrew and roll my eyes seeing how expressionless his face is. He might be respectful but being a f*cking robot is almost even more annoying than the rest of the pack.

Let's just get this stupid meeting over with.