"So today we're going to be talking about-"

"Can't we just leave? This class is dumb anyway," another one of them says really pissing me off.

Do they have any respect for their professor? The nerve they have to interrupt him mid lesson and taunt him. The rest of the class seems to be enjoying it as they all laugh quietly to themselves.

"You may leave once class is dismissed," Professor Hemmings says fixing his glasses on his nose as he seems to get nervous. Hell, I'd be nervous too if these people were interrupting me every other word. "But for now we will be talking about the prison system."

Luckily no one says anything making me practically sigh of relief. Professor Hemmings pulls out the textbook and flips open to a page as he leans his backside against the table at the front of the room. His fingers run along the pages carefully and I go into my textbook to do the same.

"If you wouldn't mind taking out your textbooks-"

"Why would we have ever bothered to get a textbook?" someone laughs.

I want to drag a hand through my hair in anger. Professor Hemmings needs to yell at them. But then again, something inside me tells me they'll just laugh if he does. Why can't they just shut up and look at their phone for the entirety of the class period?

"Find someone around you that has theirs then," Professor Hemmings says calmly which impresses me.

He really is good at remaining calm, whereas I'm on the verge of screaming at the top of my lungs. No professor deserves to be treated like this and obviously Professor Hemmings is too nervous to say anything.

"No one in this damn room has a textbook," the same person says.

Having had enough, I turn around to face Bryant and his friends once again. Bryant hasn't said anything but he also hasn't told his friends to shut up so I give him the dirtiest look I can muster.

"Will you give it up?" I snap making them all look at me in surprise. "Some of us are actually here to learn something and just because your brain can't process more than five words at a time, doesn't mean you can ruin it for the rest of us."

They seemed shocked by this as everyone laughs and ooo's. I turn around with a dramatic roll of my eyes to see Professor Hemmings just as surprised as the rest. He looks to me with gratitude in his eyes as I cross my arms over my chest and shake my head at what had just happened not even five minutes into the class. You'd really think at a school like University of North Carolina, people would actually care about learning.

"Thank you Ms. Sinclair," Professor Hemmings says clearing his throat once more and then going back to the lesson. Surprisingly, they shut up and don't say anything more as Professor Hemmings talks about the different types of prison systems.

I make sure to take all the notes down on the paper even though my brain is properly retaining it all. I've always loved taking down notes plus it helps me remember things better. Due to this, I've made sure to put a put a lot of effort into my notes and how I organize them.

Professor Hemmings walks around the front of the room and no one seems to be paying attention except the people in the front. However, Professor Hemmings doesn't say anything as he continues the lesson and I keep my eyes on him.

I can tell just by the way he talks that he's a smart guy. His posture and articulation is enough to tell that he knows what he's doing. He without a doubt is a lot better than the teacher we had previously for this course. I don't know why everyone likes to mess with him so much.