• Anxious

The next day Mark woke up earlier than normal.
He turned around to turn off the piercing sound of his alarm as he tried to open his heavy lidded eyes.
Having quite a bit struggle to get up since he couldn't sleep that well last night.

After a few minutes he finally sat up straight getting out of bed, ready to take a shower.
He dressed himself like he usually does, putting on a white dress shirt with some black slacks.
He put on his watch as he looked at the time.

5:15 AM.

He grabbed some important files as he grabbed his phone.

You: I'm heading out. See you later.

He put his phone into his pocket, grabbing his coat as he headed out of his house.
As he drove his car, he couldn't help but think about what to do if something goes wrong.
They should've came up with a plan B.
But then again, Renjun knows how to handle these kind of situations right?

He shouldn't think too much about it, it's only fucking up his already messedup mind.
Just like Renjun had said, he's going to do what he's got to do and leave, no overthinking no messing up.

He finally arrived and parked his car.
Took a deep breath in and out, sucked up all his courage, emptied his mind and stepped out.
He walked into the building seeing nobody had arrived yet on the ground floor.
The receptionist wasn't there yet either.

Walking towards the lift, he entered as he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Renjun: Waiting for you upstairs. Nod your head when ready. Goodluck.

Mark sighed as he tried to control his nerves trying to ease it down.
The lift finally stopped as he doors opened.
Mark put on a straight face as he stepped out of it scanning the office room.
He finally spotted Renjun and nodded his head once as the other copied his sign.
He saw the other walk with his cup of coffee towards their target.

Mark stood with his back faced towards the printer as he side eyed the man who was busy talking on the phone doing the final checkups.

Renjun grabbed a file in his other hand as he made his way towards the man who had his bag with important files in his other hand.

After scanning the man, Renjun straight up bumped into him and spilled his drink on him.

"You got to be fucking kidding me?!" The man yelled as he glared at the boy standing infront of him.

Mark turned around as he walked towards the man who was facing his back towards him.
As he walked past the man, he quickly pinned that same device that Renjun gave him on his bag before walking straight towards the lift and entering it.

Renjun on the other rubbed his nape as he awkwardly apologized to the man.

"I'm so sorry sir! I didn't mean to. I didn't look where I was walking, I'm so sorry. I have a spare shirt for you if you need one." He said to the man who seemed pretty frustrated and mad.

The man sighed as he quickly nodded after continuing his conversation on his phone, not having the time to argue and yell at the other.

Renjun nodded and walked towards the lift going towards his car to grab a spare shirt.

Mark Lee: Everything alright?

You: yeah. Don't worry. Just going to hand him a spare shirt.

He quickly walked towards his car and grabbed the dress shirt and handed it over to the man and apologized again.

Mark sat down as he looked through some of the files of his coworkers who weren't there yet.
His bit his lip as his leg kept on shaking getting more anxious as he only got a few more minutes left to be alone.

He looked up to see the lift going to the ground floor, he quickly grabbed the pile of files and put it back into their places and walked towards the stairs and went back back to the ground floor.
After he was on the ground floor and knew that everyone got already into the lift, he walked through the back exit towards the parking lot and walked back in from the front of their company.

Why? So they wouldn't suspect him of anything.
It would be pretty suspicious to see a new intern going way too early to work then he actually was supposed to be on an important day like this.

He walked back in as he made sure to greet the receptionist and took the lift back up.
When he arrived he saw Haechan looking worried towards his phone.

Mark smiled as he walked towards the latter halting infront of the younger's desk.

"Who are you texting this early in the morning?" Mark asked with a lower tone successfully scaring the brunette who flinched for a second looking up.

As soon as the brunette made eye contact with the older, his scared expression changed into a frown and stood up to push the older slightly.

"Honestly fuck you." Haechan whispered glaring.

Mark grinned as he stepped closer towards the boy, leaning towards his ear.

"I'd love to do that, but not the right moment and place to challenge me, don't you agree?" He whispered as he earned a smack on the back of his head as he saw the younger's ears turn red and his cheeks turn slightly pink.

Mark smiled as he walked back towards his seat and soon his smile slowly replaced itself with a serious expression.

He looked at the clock.
2 minutes left.

He grabbed his phone as he messaged Renjun.

You: They'll be there in 2. Turn the device on when they enter the room.

Renjun: Noted. Will do, just don't walk around the office. Focus on what you hear alright. The inear should stay unnoticed.

You: Alright.

And soon Mark saw the lift going back to the ground floor.
His heart started to speed up, if they succeed in getting any sort of information, they'll be able to get out of here sooner than planned.
But if they get caught, then he doesn't want to know what risk they took and what consequences it will follow.

Haechan glanced at the black haired, he had never seen Mark this nervous before.
Haechan furrowed his brows as the other didn't show any sign of calming down.

Finally having enough of it, the brunette stood up approaching the older who was too busy looking at the numbers that were showing above the lift about on which floor the lift was going.

"Are you okay?" Haechan asked placing his hand softly on the older's shoulder.

"Huh? What did you say?" Mark asked averting his attention towards the younger.

Haechan sighed as he stared the older.

"What's wrong? Why are you so nervous?" Haechan asked.

Mark awkwardly chuckled as he shook his head.
He didn't wanted to lie but he had no other choice.
He didn't wanted the younger to get involved in this.

"Nervous? I'm not nervous. Stop worrying about me stupid. Let's finish our work so we can leave on time alright?" Mark said trying to change the topic

"Even an idiot would notice that you're nervous or anxious right now. But I won't push it if you don't want to talk about it, but don't think you're getting away with this either! I'll ask you later, you better not try to lie your way out Lee." Haechan warned

Mark smiled as he looked at the boy.

"Cute." He mumbled still staring at the boy, making the other blush.

"Shut up. You're trying to change the topic again, aren't you?" Haechan asked folding his arms.

"Not really. You just look way too cute for me to talk about anything else." The older replied winking as the younger walked back to his seat trying to hide his embarrassed face.

But ofcourse Mark had seen it.
And loved every bit of it.

                         _________________
                                          Enjoy🌎