29 - the Old Days

29 - The Old Days

As soon as the words escape his lips, Moran's hand slammed against the bar, making everyone in a five foot radius jump at the sound.

"WHAT!?" Moran screeched, jumping to his feet. "WHAT THE FUCK, GEAR!?" Gear leaned his head against his fist with a drunken smug smirk on his face.

"So, Edie," he said. "Wanna go fuck some shit up like the old day-"

"FUCK YEAH. PACK YOUR BAG. I'M GETTING YN BACK." Moran then stormed out of the bar, a look in his eyes that made everyone want to jump out of his way and off of a cliff. Nobody could mess with him, especially when he had that bloodthirsty look in his eyes.

Gear's chuckles were slurred as he dropped a crinkled twenty dollar bill on the bar counter and murmured something that resembled 'keep the change' before stumbling after his best friend out the door and into his car that Moran was impatiently fuming beside.

It probably wasn't the best idea to have the guy who was drunk off his ass driving on their way to murder a man who will probably be on death trial soon enough. The car swerved around the streets, leaving skid marks and nearly crashing multiple times. People were honking wildly at the car, but Gear just drunkenly laughed and continued driving.

Meanwhile, you entered the police station and went straight to the desk where you would be directed to where you go see Aristotle.

"Excuse me," you said to the man. He glanced at you. "I'm here to visit Aristotle Abbot. We called yesterday, and-"

"Oh right. The killer's girlfriend. Ya know, if I had any say in it, that bastard be dead by now." You clenched your fist.

"Just let me in to see him." The guy shrugged while shaking his head and pressed a button. Darla decided it would be best to wait in the waiting room for you. A police officer met you in the hall and escorted you to the room where you'd be able to see Aristotle.

The door opened, much too slowly in your opinion. On the other side was a darker room with no windows and a hanging light that illuminated the metal table with two chairs on either side. On the side furthest from the door, sat a man. You knew him instantly and felt your heart skip a beat.

With your crutches, you rushed to sit opposite of him. The police officer closed the door and let you two be. There was a camera in the corner of the ceiling, monitoring your interactions.

As you sat down, you stared at Aristotle, who looked right back. His eyes seemed tired, as if he hadn't slept in days. His bright orange jumpsuit didn't suit him. He looked better in his usual sweatshirt.

"Y-YN?" he murmured, as though asking to make sure it was really you.

"Aristotle..." you breathed. To your shock, tears began fighting their way down Aristotle's cheeks as he began sobbing. "Ari? Are you okay?" you leaned across the table, trying to get closer to the man

"Yeah... yeah..." He was smiling brightly as he cried. It was clear they were tears of joy. "It's just... I was so scared, YN... I was terrified I would lose you..." You smiled back, a warm feeling flooding your chest like hot lava.

"You'll never lose me, Aristotle. I promise." He smiled brightly as he released a sob. As much as Aristotle's hands were handcuffed and chained to the table, he reached across and stretched a hand towards you. You instantly took it, calmly rubbing circles in the back of his hand.

"YN... I love you," he breathed.

"I love you, too, Aristotle." He leaned closer to you, the table forcing his body to bend in half.

"YN..." he muttered, leaning ever so closer. You leaned in as well, the anticipation of what would happen next flooding your mind. You were gonna kiss him.

Like, actually kiss him.

Before you could completely seal the space between you, a siren was heard from in the hallway, making you both jump apart. The emergency lights on the ceilings were flashing red as a voice ran over the speakers.

"System failure detected. Initiating lockdown," said the robotic female voice over the coms.

"Ari?" you asked calmly. His face was draining of all colour, but his eyes raced to you with worry.

"YN, you wouldn't happen to have a bobby pin on you, would you?" You shook your head and he groaned. "Okay then. Stand back." You nodded with anxiety and leapt from your seat and to the door. Aristotle jingled against the chain on the floor, pulling every which way to try to try and loosen it somehow. Your eyes were out in the hallway, where armed police officers were rushing away from you.

Fear flooded your senses until you heard a loud click. You whipped around to see Aristotle with the pair of broken handcuffs. You didn't care to ask how he got out. You just had to get the hell out of there as soon as possible. It was a prison break of sorts.

*****
Due to technical errors, I can only publish one chapter today. Have a nice day! Don't forget to vote and comment!