Chapter 28 - All-knowing Water

Thor and I were waiting for Selvig to come out the building in front of us. We had changed into normal clothes after I explained to Thor the concept of hidden in plain sight. I still didn't know why I was brought a long but I'm sure I will find out.

"I'll see you tonight." Thor and I turned to see Selvig approaching us. "I like the look. If you're going for inconspicuous though near miss."

"I need your help."

"It's nice to be needed. It's been a long time Stiles." I shook his hand and smiled.

"Yeah I'm not sure why I was brought a long. But a mystery is always fun." He nodded at me.

"It's dangerous." Thor said to his friend.

"I'd be disappointed if it wasn't." We all got in his car, me being put in the back seat like a child. Which I'm not!

Thor led us to some dark creepy cave in the middle of nowhere. It's to do with some all-knowing water thing.

"So this is it. The Water of Sight."

"Every realm there is a reflection. If the water spirits accept me, I can return to my dream and find what I missed." Thor explained.

"Men that enter that water, the legends don't end well."

"It's a good thing they are just legends then." I speak up with an unamused laugh. Thor got into the water. 

"Stiles, you need to activate the spirits." Huh? 

"Why? and how do I do that?" I ask confused. 

"You have a spirit inside of you, just tough the water and concentrate on void." I nod, a little worried about void coming out. I crouch down and stick my hand in the water. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. 

"Wanting me to come out to play do you?" I see void in my head. He laughs manically. "What's the saying children say at Halloween? Trick or treat."

My body starts to shake violently and I distantly hear someone scream my name. It was Lydia. The scream let me get my conscious back and I was once again in control. 

"Fine. You win this time." The image of void disappears into dust, strange but I was in control. I Concentrate and I feel something open, like a gateway. The sound of Thor screaming made me open my eyes. Lightning was coming out of his body in the pool. I took my hand out of the water and stood up. 

"Thor!" Selvig shouted, worried for his friend. Thor finally stoped screaming and the lightning disappeared. He panted and looked up at us.

"The infinity stones. We need to get back to the Avengers." I nod and brace myself for the flight. "Goodbye my friend." Thor said to Selvig before flying off, grabbing me in the process. I will never get use to flying that's for sure.

We fly into the Avengers Tower and I drop to the floor. Thor raises his hammer and charges up the cradle. I ducked as the cradle exploded open and a red robot guy came out of it. The guy looked at Thor and flew at him, though he went through glass after he was thrown aside by Thor. We saw the robot stop at the outside window. The robot turned around and a blue suit appeared around him. 

"I'm sorry, that was. Odd. Thank you." Wait, why does he sound like Jarvis? A gold cape then appeared around his shoulders.

"Thor. You helped create this?" I then noticed the infinity stone in the robots forehead. 

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at it's centre is that.2 Thor points to the stone. 

"What the gem?" Banner asks.

"It's the mind stone. It's one of the six infinity stone, the greatest power in the universe. They are all very destructive." I say standing beside Thor. 

"Then why would you bring-" 

"Because Stark is right." 

"Oh its defiantly the end of times." I almost laugh at Banner but it might not be the right time.

"The Avengers can not defeat Ultron." Thor continues.

"Not alone." 

"Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Cap asks. And vision, a good name for the guy.

"We reconfigured Jarvis's matrix. To create something new." Tony said.

"I think I've had my fill of new." 

"You think I'm a child of Ultron." Red robot guy says matter of factly. 

"You're not?" Steve asks, skeptic.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis either. I am..." I almost feel bad for the guy.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wait the twins are with us now? Jesus.

"Look again." Okay that was stupid to say. Clint scoffs in the background.

"Her seal of approval means jack to me." So I guess the twins weren't approved by everyone. Probably Cap feeling bad for them.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the mind stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side-" 

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" 

"I don't think it's that simple." I roll my eyes. This robot guy is not making it easy for himself.

"Well it better get real simple real fast." 

"I am on the side of Life. Ultron is not. He will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" I ask.

"Stark." Oh damn. Someone's got some daddy issues.

"Where?"

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." What!

"Ultron has Nat!" I was ignored. I am going to kill her for getting captured.

"If we are wrong about you. If you are the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do? I don't want to kill Ultron. He is unique, and he is in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So he must be destroyed. Every form he has built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I would know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Everyone started in shock as he lifted up Thor's hammer to him.

"Right, well done." Thor awkwardly said an walked after robot guy.

"Three minutes, get what you need." Cap said to the rest of us and we all parted ways to get our things. 

"I guess were saving the world again." I mutter under my breath.